AA's Priorities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughees don't pay any dues.
I would like to return to a strong company, not a bastardized contract.

This furloughee paid his dues right up to when I got axed and wouldn't mind being represented. Thanks for the sentiments.

I heard...If I had a dollar for every time I heard that. Why don't you post the article? The APA president is Ralph Hunter, and the Comm Char is Denny Breslin. If the article didn't even get the "players" right, how accurate is the article?

AA

P.S. If this is just another of the many digs at AA, and AA pilots then just say so, I don' have the time to sort through the bull********************.

P.S.S AA is renegotiating it's contract? Did you mean AA opened the pilot's CBA early under sect. 6? Could you atleast make a statement that is accurate. As for the 5 million dollar man (excuse me, FO) Every company has it's one percent. You must be your companies.

I have been out of the loop so didn't get a chance to respond. As far as your post goes, gee, I guess if I don't have the personnel details right then the overall issue must be nonsequitar. Airwise News.com, take it up with them cap'n correction.

My mistake, the AA pilots are a good and just bunch. Making a one-way, faux fence around STL was a wise and just thing to do. I should have known that every AA guy who is now flying out of what was my hub was perfectly in line with their career expectations. Clearly, with all the people gladly lapping up flying out of the STL hub and picking up open time to boot, only 1% of AA would be classified as the '5 million dollar man'.

As far as your 1% goes, takes one to know one huh?

Be sure to point out all of my typos. You seem to have time for that kind of extraneous bull****************.

I asked a flowback I know about recalls. He called his local APA rep, who he said is a straight shooter on any questions. He said he had not heard of recalls. He did say that APA has seen the block hours for next year and it was strange that they expect 1.5% of the pilots to retire, and next years flying is reduced 1.5%.

The math does not add up! AA is going to lose much more than 1.5% of the pilot force next year. In fact, age 60 retirements alone number around 285 and they will probably lose another 200 to early retirements and other attrition. Based on a current total of 9000 active pilots, AA is going to lose somewhere around 5% next year. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if AA announces a 5% reduction in flying for next year.

The math does not add up! AA is going to lose much more than 1.5% of the pilot force next year. In fact, age 60 retirements alone number around 285 and they will probably lose another 200 to early retirements and other attrition. Based on a current total of 9000 active pilots, AA is going to lose somewhere around 5% next year. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if AA announces a 5% reduction in flying for next year.

Correct. The status quo at AA, as they've proven for the past two years, is that recalls are out of the question until we sign a new contract. This will take us at least a year or two. So AA will just keep parking jets every six months and lose market share until they whip us into submission. That's the only way they will keep the airline properly manned. Sad but true. It's also a win-win for the airline because the more the shrinking, the higher the stock price, the higher the PUP bonuses for management.

Last edited:
is furlough seniority high on the negotiations? my understanding is previous furloughs at AA have gotten their time on the street accounted for.

I have been out of the loop so didn't get a chance to respond. As far as your post goes, gee, I guess if I don't have the personnel details right then the overall issue must be nonsequitar. Airwise News.com, take it up with them cap'n correction.

My mistake, the AA pilots are a good and just bunch. Making a one-way, faux fence around STL was a wise and just thing to do. I should have known that every AA guy who is now flying out of what was my hub was perfectly in line with their career expectations. Clearly, with all the people gladly lapping up flying out of the STL hub and picking up open time to boot, only 1% of AA would be classified as the '5 million dollar man'.

As far as your 1% goes, takes one to know one huh?

Be sure to point out all of my typos. You seem to have time for that kind of extraneous bull****************.

Kugel,

Those pilots who pick up open time, at any airline, while pilots are furloughed are no better than SCABS. They may not be scabs in the true sense of the word, but they exhibit true SCAB behavior.

Don't worry about AA, we're in a better, happier and better smelling place now.

BTW, you spelled typo wrong and you added too many ***** after bull.

Peace

The new SCAB- S. screwing others for C. cash A. anyway possible is not B. below me.
When I get recalled I will buy you a Bud Lite- Mr. Open Time Picker Upper. Your a real AAmerican zero, I mean hero. F'n D bags

Without adding to the daily AA/TWA flogging - we all know the details - I don't understand how a large group of furloughees can absolutely *despise* everything about AA, APA, yet still want to return to work.

"AA SUCKS! I hate everything there. Their management sucks. The gate agents drive me crazy. I hate the whiny FA's. The pay is a joke, benefits are eroding. The thought of waking up and working there makes me nauseous. But please, please I really want to get back to work there."

I realize guys need to put food on their table. This industry has so much pure, random chance associated with it, it's bizarre. I was lucky and missed the furloughs by about 1,000 numbers back in the '90's.

I don't know what the answer is, but I don't look forward to the poison atmosphere we're going to have when some percentage of the furloughees return. FWIW I've picked up maybe a half-dozen trips in a decade... I usually fly my line and that's it. But yes, there are time ho's who really manipulate the system, accrue fly-throughs, and probably fly 86 hours/month when the average line is maybe 73. Our DFW 737I lines for October average in the 60's.

TWAsurfer,

thanks for the laugh.

Gorilla,

Who says we want to go back there? Most of us have new jobs. We will probably stay where we are unless we're furloughed from our current job. You are right, there is going to be alot of bad feeling from the TWA furloughees that do return.

As far as the puesdo scabs picking up trips. Has APA come out against this policy? During our last contract talks (TWA) the union asked that no one pick up open time. This would put pressure on management. When some idiots picked up trips there names were posted on the wailing wall at ops. It only took a few days before no more trips were picked up. I just think if APA was serious about recalls they would do things like this.

Latest resources

Back