• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA's new B scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA could at any time get a single carrier ruling from the NMB, but ALPA doesn't want to upset APA and they also don't want to lose another 3K members.

I've seen several time in this thread the basic statement that flowback CAs lost their seats when L3/SW expired. Whether it is an intentional misrepresentation or not, it has been used by some as justification for the expiration of Eagle pilots' flowthrough rights.

When Letter 3 expired in May 08 FBs lost their protection from displacement by anyone other than a senior AA pilot. They still retained ther CA seats. They were only displaced to FO when Eagle ran a large displacement bid in July 08.

It's a subtle difference, and probably unimportant to those who are opposed to Eagle pilots flowing to AA, but there it is.

I've seen several time in this thread the basic statement that flowback CAs lost their seats when L3/SW expired. Whether it is an intentional misrepresentation or not, it has been used by some as justification for the expiration of Eagle pilots' flowthrough rights.

When Letter 3 expired in May 08 FBs lost their protection from displacement by anyone other than a senior AA pilot. They still retained ther CA seats. They were only displaced to FO when Eagle ran a large displacement bid in July 08.

It's a subtle difference, and probably unimportant to those who are opposed to Eagle pilots flowing to AA, but there it is.

And, if, as nicolau has ruled, flowthoughs should have flowed begining in June 2007 then, the flowbacks would not have lost their seats since there would not have been a displacement.

Any idea how many flowbacks are still on property? Last FB I flew with was NOV 08. I'm not sure where he ranked amongh the remaining FBs but at the time he expected to be recalled before completing long term on the Canadair. I haven't seen him in the crewroom...

Any idea how many flowbacks are still on property? Last FB I flew with was NOV 08. I'm not sure where he ranked amongh the remaining FBs but at the time he expected to be recalled before completing long term on the Canadair. I haven't seen him in the crewroom...

25 give or take a couple.

And, if, as nicolau has ruled, flowthoughs should have flowed begining in June 2007 then, the flowbacks would not have lost their seats since there would not have been a displacement.

Good point, the whole thing has turned into a huge FUBAR situation.

Latest resources

Back