• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI to SWA Training Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw an FO in Potbelly's at MDW last Sunday and I had to do a double take, he was wearing the jacket and at first I though he was one of those very nice FA men till I saw the 3 strips on the sleeve, I thought these were only ceremonial jackets for photos, weddings and funerals

Ill tell you what...I never, ever wear my blazer. Haven't since the day I got on here at good ole' Southwestern Trailways. I wore my blazer to the silly commercial audition I went to last week and whoa! I've never been swarmed by so many ladies over an outfit! I'm telling you...they were ALL OVER ME! It's all I could do to get out of there with my marriage still intact...

(There may be some imbellishment in this story. But they were ALL over me...seriously!)

I generally wear the 2-sizes too small shirt to accentuate my immense gut, commanding awe and respect from the passengers. To enhance the look, I combine it with the also 2-sizes too small blazer with the one button straining to stay fastened.

Or when I witnessed and FO use the pullover for a DH...

Jumpseating CA comes on and says 'some guys might say something to you about your jacket'.

FO says 'you mean someone like you?'

Funny stuff.

Lmfao. Love the passive aggressiveness of some CAs.

Any good wash and wear pants that don't stand out?

Don't know if it matches the SWA pants, but Perry Ellis makes some that match the FL one. I usually buy those or Men's Wearhouse makes a wool blend that are lined to the knee. Both look better, feel better and last longer than the Company one, but cost more.

Last edited:
So how bad are the uniform nazis at SWA? Any chance you can get away with the AirTran, A2 style jacket in black, or can you only wear the Perrone? Speaking of cheap-ass pilots, I found one for just over $100. It's the same exact brand as my current brown one. :)

Pretty sure you could get away with that. Wearing a brown one might be more fun just for the reactions. I'm a windbreaker guy...hate carrying around the black leather one unless it is no sh!t freezing outside...that thing weighs a ton!

I generally wear the 2-sizes too small shirt to accentuate my immense gut, commanding awe and respect from the passengers. To enhance the look, I combine it with the also 2-sizes too small blazer with the one button straining to stay fastened.

I think I know the look you are trying to create here, but to really "own" it, you'll need to add some pleated-front pants that are stretched to the point where there are no longer any pleats.

You could also "accessorize", with a super-sized drink cup from O'Charley's in one hand, and a bag from 5 Guys (or Popeye's) in the other.

When you are strutting your new look on the Concourse, remember to turn your feet in or out slightly; a pigeon-toed or splay-footed walk will work equally well with this look.

:laugh:

Last edited:
Pretty sure you could get away with that. Wearing a brown one might be more fun just for the reactions. I'm a windbreaker guy...hate carrying around the black leather one unless it is no sh!t freezing outside...that thing weighs a ton!

Dude

We seriously need to update the leather jacket

Useless to most of us except for that handful of mdw walk arounds when it's -10 out.

And talk about your '90's retro V backed look

C'mon- how on earth do we fu<k up the leather jacket?
Update the style- with a liner so it can be worn in the 60* weather without sweating balls

Blazers are coming back in style, I can feel it every time I go to work. From ops agents to every crew change I get to hear "nice jacket" or "where is your hat". Wearing the blazer is as close as one can get to feeling what it is like to wearing the wrong gang colors.

Blazers are coming back in style, I can feel it every time I go to work. From ops agents to every crew change I get to hear "nice jacket" or "where is your hat". Wearing the blazer is as close as one can get to feeling what it is like to wearing the wrong gang colors.

Awesome, I just made my choice

Latest resources

Back