• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course you defer everything till night shift maintenance...

Right... defer the ten minute navigation light change out of BWI until later..... unfortunately the other bulb burned out and low and behold no bulbs in Tampa..... unable to dx because night flight. Two hour delay, mis-connecting passengers, hotel rooms, compensation and round trip tickets.... all for the ten minute light bulb change.
Two out of three lavs mel's for days? Not good customer service. Arm rests taped together...APU inoperative for days.
I am not saying that our maintenance guys are not great.... they are not being allowed to put the aircraft into work by maintenance control. It is being orchestrated to further the efforts of the LUVBORG which is hard at work trying to screw over the Airtran personnel whether they are wearing a SWA uniform or AT uniform.
Pilots at Airtran do see the degradation of the fleet. I had a great aircraft yesterday with outstanding clothe seats (usually dilapidated and worn out.)

I maintain that my previous post is accurate with regard to Atlanta. However, Baltimore has always been a nightmare and FLL could be bad or worse. MCO was generally good, but things could get jacked up down there. They were too close to the head of the beast. Maintenance control in Orlando had always been a far more political animal than our line mechanics.

I agree on the degradation. It seems that it's more prevalent on the 717 and has become worse since SWA took over. It may well be a case of - 'put of till tomorrow, because its not going to be our problem'.

I agree that the Mx guys and girls are not immune to the damage from the SWA takeover. It has degraded the operations efficiency. The reasons are complicated.

The bizarre SWA logbooks are an excellent example; they're illogical, archaic, inefficient and lead to mistakes. The word from Flight Ops is that they can't be approved for ETOPS and will have to be changed back to the AirTran/standard format if they ever decide to venture to Hawaii. It took them so long to attempt ETOPS that they've given up for now. The market is ..... Occupied.

If these are your thoughts on the matter, there is nothing left to discuss, everyone got what they were willing to bargain for.

Good, I'm glad that's over!

Actually, I agree! We got what we deserved, and you got what you fought for. Congrats.

it must be you.

I've never had anything but excellent service from our mechanics in atl. Call them in the air and they're waiting for you. Call them on the ground and they're in the cockpit in 5-10 minutes. 90% of the time there are zero mels.

Swa maintenance isn't exactly the shining beacon of reputation is it ....?

+1..+1..+1

It must be you.

I've never had anything but excellent service from our mechanics in ATL. Call them in the air and they're waiting for you. Call them on the ground and they're in the cockpit in 5-10 minutes. 90% of the time there are zero MELs.

SWA maintenance isn't exactly the shining beacon of reputation is it ....?

Had an oversold flight in ATL with a seat MELed. The seat was working maintenance refused to come out to do RTS on it. Left an A+ elite at the gate and in ATL for the night.

The bizarre SWA logbooks are an excellent example; they're illogical, archaic, inefficient and lead to mistakes. The word from Flight Ops is that they can't be approved for ETOPS and will have to be changed back to the AirTran/standard format if they ever decide to venture to Hawaii. It took them so long to attempt ETOPS that they've given up for now. The market is ..... Occupied.

You left out that the log book is our new and improved :)

Had an oversold flight in ATL with a seat MELed. The seat was working maintenance refused to come out to do RTS on it. Left an A+ elite at the gate and in ATL for the night.

That's weird and that sucks. Must be the "Southwest effect". Have you ever called maintenance before and they've refused to show up ? Serious question, because I haven't.

My opinion regarding ATL maintenance is purely subjective. It's only based upon upon my experience in the past. Your opinion is just as valid obviously.

Of course you defer everything till night shift maintenance...

Right... defer the ten minute navigation light change out of BWI until later..... unfortunately the other bulb burned out and low and behold no bulbs in Tampa..... unable to dx because night flight. Two hour delay, mis-connecting passengers, hotel rooms, compensation and round trip tickets.... all for the ten minute light bulb change.
Two out of three lavs mel's for days? Not good customer service. Arm rests taped together...APU inoperative for days.
I am not saying that our maintenance guys are not great.... they are not being allowed to put the aircraft into work by maintenance control. It is being orchestrated to further the efforts of the LUVBORG which is hard at work trying to screw over the Airtran personnel whether they are wearing a SWA uniform or AT uniform.
Pilots at Airtran do see the degradation of the fleet. I had a great aircraft yesterday with outstanding clothe seats (usually dilapidated and worn out.)
you are right, you have provided overwhelming evidence supporting your claim SwA is in business to screw over AT mechanics.

Do you also double as a French model?

That's weird and that sucks. Must be the "Southwest effect". Have you ever called maintenance before and they've refused to show up ? Serious question, because I haven't.

My opinion regarding ATL maintenance is purely subjective. It's only based upon upon my experience in the past. Your opinion is just as valid obviously.

I have never had them refuse to clear a seat when it was a full flight. For them to not even come out was a first also.

Latest resources

Back