• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Playing the moralist now, how cute....! What about anal probes at your airline some time ago? We're all waiting for your excuse. How's life under the desk?

Wow you have crazy fantasies. You probably have your own "male review" dance show outlined in your diary. So cute! Btw, you third listers will stagnate in CLT and PHL as Westies come over and rightfully take back their awarded Capt slots. Bye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just curious why anyone would think it OK to work on jets during the day when they are needed for flying? Of course you defer everything till night shift maintenance...

Wow you have crazy fantasies. You probably have your own "male review" dance show outlined in your diary. So cute! Btw, you third listers will stagnate in CLT and PHL as Westies come over and rightfully take back their awarded Capt slots. Bye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not a crazy fantasy! Happened at your airline! Fact!

Maintenance write ups being deferred to other stations and minimal work is done in ATL
They are doing it to themselves. I've had a few maintenance issues in ATL and I got much better responses from contract maintenance in non-SWA cities than I did with the mechanics in ATL. I had ATL Op Agents tell me that they are telling crews to call Maintenance Control and get the item MEL'd, even if it is as simple as a inop landing light, rather than call for ATL Maintenance.

What they didn't count on was GKs next move.

No, some of us counted on that. We just didn't care. It was nothing but bargaining posturing. We had the law on our side. All we had to do was enforce it. The problem was that a majority of our pilots were scared of their own shadows. That was our undoing.

...It was nothing but bargaining posturing...The problem was that a majority of our pilots were scared of their own shadows. That was our undoing.

If these are your thoughts on the matter, there is nothing left to discuss, everyone got what they were willing to bargain for.

Good, I'm glad that's over!

They are doing it to themselves. I've had a few maintenance issues in ATL and I got much better responses from contract maintenance in non-SWA cities than I did with the mechanics in ATL. I had ATL Op Agents tell me that they are telling crews to call Maintenance Control and get the item MEL'd, even if it is as simple as a inop landing light, rather than call for ATL Maintenance.

It must be you.

I've never had anything but excellent service from our mechanics in ATL. Call them in the air and they're waiting for you. Call them on the ground and they're in the cockpit in 5-10 minutes. 90% of the time there are zero MELs.

SWA maintenance isn't exactly the shining beacon of reputation is it ....?

Of course you defer everything till night shift maintenance...

Right... defer the ten minute navigation light change out of BWI until later..... unfortunately the other bulb burned out and low and behold no bulbs in Tampa..... unable to dx because night flight. Two hour delay, mis-connecting passengers, hotel rooms, compensation and round trip tickets.... all for the ten minute light bulb change.
Two out of three lavs mel's for days? Not good customer service. Arm rests taped together...APU inoperative for days.
I am not saying that our maintenance guys are not great.... they are not being allowed to put the aircraft into work by maintenance control. It is being orchestrated to further the efforts of the LUVBORG which is hard at work trying to screw over the Airtran personnel whether they are wearing a SWA uniform or AT uniform.
Pilots at Airtran do see the degradation of the fleet. I had a great aircraft yesterday with outstanding clothe seats (usually dilapidated and worn out.)

It must be you.

I've never had anything but excellent service from our mechanics in ATL. Call them in the air and they're waiting for you. Call them on the ground and they're in the cockpit in 5-10 minutes. 90% of the time there are zero MELs.

Yep. Same here. Call in the air, they're waiting at the gate when you pull in. Call from the gate, they are there in 5-10, even over on D Concourse.

Latest resources

Back