AAI Pilots Expectations for January 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree

With Howard on Section One and Timeline.

All points quite valid. We gave them plenty of time to get their plan in order. Amazing how that plan (after signing) immediately included off-loading the B717 fleet. I guess it's our fault it's taking them so long to complete the transition. :erm:

IMO, this is a huge reason why AT guys are ticked.
So what's the answer?

We all knew going in this was going to happen. Didn't we?

If AAI guys are pissed because of overmanning and a shrinking fleet means a loss in pay swapa guys are making the same gripes. We're being told we're currently overstaffed by 400 and line totals were down the last three months, as well as any discretionary flying. Translation: We're all sharing the ONE LUV.

ATALPA and SWAPA need to get their feces together. We're all going to be one group eventually. The time for lobbing grenades at each other is over.

The company will always capitalize on a divided labor force. Look around us. SWAPA can't make the timeline go any faster. We all agree meeting the deadline looks suspicious at best. We should be making a plan for that next potential problem knowing that it will more than likely be a reality.

ATALPA and SWAPA need to get their feces together. We're all going to be one group eventually. The time for lobbing grenades at each other is over.

The company will always capitalize on a divided labor force. Look around us. SWAPA can't make the timeline go any faster. We all agree meeting the deadline looks suspicious at best. We should be making a plan for that next potential problem knowing that it will more than likely be a reality.

I don't see much change to status quo until after the arbitrator's ruling on whether the DRC has jurisdiction. If the arbitrator finds the DRC has no jurisdiction, SWAPA and ATALPA will be able to move on to other issues. If the arbitrator rules the DRC does have jurisdiction, that will open a few doors concerning possible negotiations from all parties that may be interested in trying to settle prior to an arbitrator's ruling.

Arbitrator's ruling

I don't see much change to status quo until after the arbitrator's ruling on whether the DRC has jurisdiction. If the arbitrator finds the DRC has no jurisdiction, SWAPA and ATALPA will be able to move on to other issues. If the arbitrator rules the DRC does have jurisdiction, that will open a few doors concerning possible negotiations from all parties that may be interested in trying to settle prior to an arbitrator's ruling.
Considering this and reading the exec blog I think it's a lock that the arbitrator will rule that it be heard by the DRC. I mean think about it. We're having a third party decide if our committee shared by equal members from both sides should meet and discuss a grievance by one of the sides? Seems like a total waste of money to even have an arbitrator decide that point but then we wouldn't be able to make sure both sides had some trip pull and a nice stay in our nation's capitol.

Try the crab cakes I hear they're to die for this time of year. Oh, and I'm sure the dogwoods and cherry blossoms are in bloom as well. Be sure to take the wife and kids!

It's been my observation that those who do union work for the right reasons and have a conscience, end up getting crucified by the folks they represent sooner or later. They typically disappear and are rarely heard from again. Then you have the professionally union gamer, who knows how to play the system and milk it for all it's worth. These folks seem to last the longest and are repeat offenders in different positions or airlines.

It's been my observation that those who do union work for the right reasons and have a conscience, end up getting crucified by the folks they represent sooner or later. They typically disappear and are rarely heard from again. Then you have the professionally union gamer, who knows how to play the system and milk it for all it's worth. These folks seem to last the longest and are repeat offenders in different positions or airlines.

Dead on balls accurate

swapa is obviously looking at it from the standpoint of having it tossed out on no merit. A swing for the fences in most court cases. No arbitrator is going to butt his nose in a family spat and say that one side doesn't get their day in court. That's why I consider it a waste of time and money on both sides.

After a short Google search;
Origin of terminology "dead nuts" accurate or "dead balls" accurate?

what is the origin of this term? I have heard it might originate in analog scales, where the zero was set by turning nuts, so dead nuts level was completely accurate; I have heard that might originate as a measurement term, when there is no movement on a scale or in a leveling bubble, so it was dead zero (a.k.a dead naught) and then misspelled.

I have also hear dead balls as a term meaning the same thing. Also dead balls on accurate or similar.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back