• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI Caribbean/Mexico Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some AT stations have the ramps outsourced but gates are all AT people.

MCI was DAL Global services, Swissport handled LGA, IAD and MIA, Servisair was doing SRQ.

Did some MBJ in the spring. Turns were close to an hour and were late outbound each time, due to lethargic bag loading. Ramp in MBJ was contract workers with AAI supervisors rotated in from other AAI cities. They might as well have been using three-toed sloths. I think it took them 80 + minutes each time.

Ditto the overwater stuff. Previously used a 162 nm waiver, which meant longer routing than necessary. Only some aircraft have the required equipment (and a second flight deck jumpseat, btw). Haven't done the new training yet.

1. usually not more than a couple of flights per day sometimes only one, depending on the day and time of year. Mostly turns, however there are a handful of overnights in CUN, MBJ, and PUJ.

2.Turns are usually scheduled for at least an hour, I have not really experienced many delays, and the trips are usually overblocked.

3.Depending on the time of year, mostly ATL, BWI, MCO. During the winter with the charter stuff it could be MKE PIT BOS.

4.All contractors as far as I know, never had much of a problem. The only exception on whose rules you abide by when leaving the aircraft cause they change everyday.

5. We should have more overnights:)

6. All 737, no

7. More flights in the winter, not sure if it working you would have to talk to corporate on that one.

8. With the low frequency it could be tough to plan but there are usually a few seats on every flight. I've been to CUN, and NAS with no problems at all.

9. None require ETOPS. Used to do CUN down FL over Cuba to stay within162mi but with our new authorization we can now go out to 400mi or so. Those aircraft have rafts and sat com

Nothing really to add, I enjoy flying to the caribbean. It can be challenging sometimes but it is something different. The training is pretty easy no real gotchas, just turn the volume way up as some of the controllers are hard to understand, kinda like NY:) BTW the overnights we do have are pretty good. MBJ is a Ritz, PUJ is an all inclusive.

Cheers, see ya round the schoolhouse

Please keep the info coming....very enlightening and exciting to see discussion on flight related issues.

With cities like PHX, MDW, LAX, MSY and other possibilities, what would be the possibility of utilizing the gates at those locations?

Are they shared with others or do you own them outright? Is expansion possible in those locations to the point of generating more flights in your opinion?

Thanks.

Some AT stations have the ramps outsourced but gates are all AT people.

MCI was DAL Global services, Swissport handled LGA, IAD and MIA, Servisair was doing SRQ.

Wrong, we do have contract gate agents at several stations. I have spoken with a few. I can't remember which ones but they are out there. From my recollection they are smaller stations.

When speaking to the SWA folks at SFO I was led to believe the gate and ground folks were contract. Not confirmed, just what I heard.

When speaking to the SWA folks at SFO I was led to believe the gate and ground folks were contract. Not confirmed, just what I heard.

If I had to guess, I would say the following are probably outsourced gate and ramp:

SFO
SAN
SEA
LAS
PHX
LAX (might be a mix)
SJU
MBJ and any other Caribbean dest.
CUN and any other MM dest.

BVT (never been there, if it's seasonal, it's probably outsourced)
PWM (ditto)

Also, any Skywest city

BVT (never been there, if it's seasonal, it's probably outsourced)
PWM (ditto)

BVT is no more, unfortunately and PWM is outsourced ramp but in house Gate agents. Much like MCI, SRQ, PBI and SAT to name a few. In fact, that is pretty common to have outsourced ramp but in-house gate agents.

Latest resources

Back