• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAEagle Future Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Macondo....thanks for the info on where we are.
I have been calculating my days left on this
temp job. I wish I saved more, but paying those
bills and drinking fine wine was where I was at.
Teaching a little and keeping current.

Oh..by the way to that hack that stated that I am
stating the Connection pilots are scabs in between
the lines.
You are so far from the truth.
I have a friend who is a Connection pilot.
It appears you have a problem with yourself and the way some pilots talk about Connection.
Get over it.
May be your just worried.
I would be if I were in Connections shoes.

The way I understand it is that the AA/TWA deal was considered an 'aquisition',in legalese terms,and not a 'buy'. In the case of an 'aquisition' AA would not be legally bound to honor TWA's prior contracts.

So true JP11,

Too many people are pointing fingers at the wrong entities. It's AMR pullling the strings here. Anyone who treats a fellow pilot with contempt over the whole deal is siding with AMR in their fight against labor.

jetexas said:
The way I understand it is that the AA/TWA deal was considered an 'aquisition',in legalese terms,and not a 'buy'. In the case of an 'aquisition' AA would not be legally bound to honor TWA's prior contracts.

Actually, as part of the purchase, TWA had to declare bankruptcy beforehand. This negated all contracts, allowing AMR to pick and choose, and renegotiate all contracts with all vendors associated with TWA.

Thus AMR was under no obligation to renew with TSA etc., they chose to. Since the AE contract was in place long before AMR signed these contracts with the Connection carriers, we are demanding that they honor our contract first.

LAXSaabdude

Posted by Minime:

I for one have followed this subject due to the fact that alot of my old buddies are at CHQ and TSA. The people in STL are FLIYING routes that have ALWAYS belonged to them! They have not gone to SJU, DFW or any other AE hub and started taking over their flying. The problem as I see it, is the fact that APA is applying an ASM cap on AE. Therefore, for every CRJ700 they recieve they in turn have to park some other equipment in order to comply.

Minime:

You are missing two very important points. The first has already been brought up by others that Eagle did have an issue with Connection long before 9/11, and secondly, and also importantly, the ASM cap applies not only to Eagle, but to ALL THE CONNECTION CARRIERS AS WELL. Thus, Eagle is not able to do the flying it once was, simply by the fact that Connection exists today, and does a large percentage of the total flying Eagle is allowed to do. As it stands, Eagle cannot even fly the routes it has always been flying, because of Connection eating into the ASM cap. Put another way, if the ASM cap did not exist, OR if Connection feed did not exist (and I'm not even talking about Eagle doing the flying out of STL or old TWE routes), almost all furloughed Eagle pilots would have been recalled a long time ago.

Before you go spout off about how Eagle pilots are soo wrong in their cause, I suggest you understand BOTH sides of the topic more thoroughly, or at least get your facts straight.

Last edited:
Before you go spout off about how Eagle pilots are soo wrong in their cause, I suggest you understand BOTH sides of the topic more thoroughly, or at least get your facts straight.

Boy did you just make an ass out of yourself. With reverse code share Connection does not count torwards the ASM cap. Maybe you should "get your facts straight" before you go "spouting off". LOL. I think you should go be quite now.

:rolleyes:

If you want to talk about a virus in the Regional Industry. Look at yourselves. You are the only regional that has been totally walked over by your management and signed a 16-year contract. Who in their right mind signs a 16-year agreement, or elect a MEC that would present that in front of them.

Capt., now, I'm not a CHQ or TSA pilot, but man, take it easy on these guys. Too stupid to get jobs elsewhere? I think they were the smart ones, getting jobs at companies that increase thier structures, rather decrease them. They don't have control over what your mangement does do your pilots. WOuld you rather see more pilots out of work? Are you that selfish and that narrow minded to believe that any flying "belongs" to you and no one should fly any route that you previously flew? Come on, man. If I were you, I would be dealing with my MEC and the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty contract my pilot pool signed with my **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty management, not displacing my anger on other pilots who are just trying to make it.

SHUT YOUR F-in CAKE HOLE. YOu and all the CHQ pilots were too freakin stupid to get hired by real airlines so you are where your at now. LOOK at the facts. YOU ARE taking jobs from eagle pilots. How do you sleep at night? I know its your company but who is YOUR company. ITS YOU and all the other LORENZO a$$hole babies that came from the host monkey like a virus infecting the regional industry.

Wow. Do you guys ever listen to yourselves? Are you so consumed with hatred for Connection that you don't even realize the reason for the furloughs and the parking of airplanes is because of the ASM cap imposed by the ALLIED PILOT'S ASSOCATION, not Eagle management, not AA managment, not Connection. My theory is the APA has helping feed the Eagle outrage over Connection under the guise of "working together" to convince yot that Connection is the cause of all your problems and distract you from the real truth. You can't be mad at them if you are blinded by rage over Connection. I know you'll flame me for this but that's just more evidence I'm on to something, I think the APA is about to take you guys for a ride.

Look over there.

Reyeerrrrr!!!

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does."

I was smart enough to turn down a job with mainline CO in April 2001. Did a lot of research, carefully weighed the risks and options, politely declined and stayed at CHQ.

Too bad you weren't smart enough to apply here when you had the chance. It's not too late. We're hiring again. You'll need to get that temper under control before the interview, though.

As an aside, when you do learn to get that temper under control those landings will probably improve..

Latest resources

Back