AAA EMB190 Arbitration Award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALGFLYR said:
Mississippi Valley Airlines merged with Air Wisconsin in 1985. The furloughed AW guys were integrated into the list as if they were active.

For a more closely related merger, take a look at Pan Am/National. Furloughees got credit for longevity.

There may be other's, but these are the only 2 I could find.

Thanks Jet Monkey - the entire AW list was used because they were the ACQUIRING carrier. i.e. they got the upper hand.

Please note FURLOFlyer - USAIRWays was NOT the acquiring carrier.

HQ is in Tempe, DP is the CEO, and the new callsign is CACTUS. Not Cactus's, USAIR, or USAIR's.

Hey Algflyer, Was The Only Way You Thought You Could Make It To A Major Was The Back Door, Never Having To Interview?

Doug Parker said:
Thanks Jet Monkey - the entire AW list was used because they were the ACQUIRING carrier. i.e. they got the upper hand.

Please note FURLOFlyer - USAIRWays was NOTthe acquiring carrier.

HQ is in Tempe, DP is the CEO, and the new callsign is CACTUS. Not Cactus's, USAIR, or USAIR's.

Upper hand? Thanks I needed the laugh. So AWA aquired US Air? How much did AWA pay to aquire us? Yes HQ is in Tempe, and DP is the CEO, but the name on the side of YOUR aircraft says US Airways. Wonder why they didn't want to keep the America West name? BTW, we still use the US Air callsign.

Cheers... FURLOFlyer... (liked that one too) :)

Last edited:
GOTAFLY said:
Hey Algflyer, Was The Only Way You Thought You Could Make It To A Major Was The Back Door, Never Having To Interview?

Nope, but if the backdoor is open, why not go through it? Are you telling me that if you were at a regional with a flow-thru to mainline, that you would refuse to flow when your number came up? Thought so....

ALGFLYR said:
Nope, but if the backdoor is open, why not go through it?

Damn son, I bet you're REAL popular with them thar Male Flight Attendants !!!

PS - It was an acquisition.....name recognition on the east coast and Europe was the reason the name was kept.

Algflyer, How do you consider it a "flow through" when there were "Real" mainline pilots on furlough. From what I understand AAA intentions were to keep MDA as a wholly own carrier, things just got held up. No matter what happens, lets all just be friends!

ya know what?

Guys! We had better stop pissin' amd moanin' about the list! DP and the boys in the "Tempe Tombstone" (Thanks PHXFLYR) are going to screw us all. Section 6!!! No way! That just means the east folk will continue to drown in their crappy contract until 2009 and we will watch all of our awa flying go east! It's already happening! CAN YOU SAY B-SCALE???? Regardless of what your opinion is we must find a way to work together to get a contract we deserve. Do I really have to recite the ole' "divided we fall" mantra?

Let the arbitraitor decide... Let's focus on becoming a unified pilot group and insure we get what we deserve...

Andy

P.S. atleast the east MEC has some gumption to voice their opinion (PHL picketing)

GOTAFLY said:
Algflyer, How do you consider it a "flow through" when there were "Real" mainline pilots on furlough. From what I understand AAA intentions were to keep MDA as a wholly own carrier, things just got held up.

Every mainline pilot was offered a position at MDA. If we did not have a flow in place, they would have staffed the 170 off the street because there were no more furloughed pilots wanting the positions. We will soon see US Airways hiring off the street for the 190 and we will still have pilots on furlough since they can turn down the 190 FO position indefinitely. Will those new-hires be looked upon as not being "real" pilots since there will be others still on furlough?

No matter what happens, lets all just be friends!

I agree. I have never attacked anyone on the board. I have only tried to pass along info that may not be available to others that visit this forum. But, if someone attacks me, I will definitely voice my opinion back.

Latest resources

Back