• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAA/AWA Integration...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, but didn't AAA ask for something like 983 of the top 1000 spots? That is ridiculous. AWA bought USAir when USAir was failing. I know that some arbitrators don't take that into account, but from what I have heard he didn't buy AAA's bottom guy testimony which took 2 of the 3 weeks allotted for testimony. I think there should be some fences for the A330/762 INTL stuff, and maybe the PHX 757, and then the rest should be open for bids when available. Of course I am not involved, thank gawd!

Bye Bye--General Lee

America West DID NOT BUY US Airways! Airbus, Air Canada, Air Wisconsin and other investors put up 1.5-1.8 billion dollars to merge the two companies together. The America West management team was put in place to lead the new airline. America West did not put up one dime to bring these two carriers together. AWA and USAIR are a good fit because of route structure, and fleet. This merger probable should have happened long ago. US Airways used the court to eliminate debt and older aircraft and was on its last leg prior to their second emergence from Ch.11. However, America West did not come in with money and say we will buy US Air out of Ch.11. What is fair in the seniority intergration of both parties is a tough one. Both parties have their interest at stake. The arbitrator will eventually decide the intergration. Then like everything in this business, we pilots will just move on and do what we do, fly airplanes! However, this is an opportunity for both ALPA groups to come together and fight for ONE CONTRACT that allows the pilots of both groups UNITED to benefit from the financial success' of US Airways.

The definition of a good merger is one in which both sides get equally screwed.

Both sides submitted too good of a proposal! :rolleyes:

Now that US Airways has given up their pursuit of Delta, maybe they can get down to the business of completing their current merger. Complete intergration, one certificate, and painting all the airplanes. The new company has a lot of potential on their own. Earning half a billion dollars within the first complete year of a merger is very impressive! It would be nice to see US Airways place an order for more A330-200 aircraft and expand their international network. Combining the two companies gives US Airways a competitive domestic network. Why the A330-200, range 6750nm, and seat capacity in 3 class configuration 253 seats. Right now the A350 is a long way off and US Airways needs to expand internationally to compete with Delta, Continental, United, American, and Northwest. Both Phoenix and Las Vegas could probable support international expansion using the A330-200. Cities like London, Paris, and Frankfurt to start. With Airbus looking for more orders, US Airways could probable get a great deal on these aircraft. With Airbus being a large investor, I doubt they'd go boeing. The A350s that are on order are still a long way off so converting some of those orders may be coming. Their are lots of opportunities for this new US Airways once the complete intergration is complete. Now, if Parker can just focus on it!

Last edited:
Did you honestly think he would go for a staple job of 1800 USAir furloughees with DOH's back to 1988 ?

Yes! These furloughed pilots are currently unemployed by US why should they continue to accrue seniority? When I take a PLOA I do not continue to accrue senoirity, if this goes down like you are suggesting then I should be able to take a job at another carrier and continue to accrue seniority at US and come back in fifteen years to a captain position!

Jaffo, have you ever been furloughed from a Major or hired by one. Probablly not because you do not know what you are talking about. United, Delta,Continental, Northwest, American all furloughed pilots. I do not think if they would have merged with America West, Air Tran or any other low coast carrier that they would except to staple all their furloughees. Especially guys who flew for 15 yrs for the airline.

Good to see all the recalls at AAA. They should be through the list by the end of the year.

Marty

United, Delta,Continental, Northwest, American all furloughed pilots. I do not think if they would have merged with America West, Air Tran or any other low coast carrier that they would except to staple all their furloughees.
Sadly, I believe you're mistaken.

Did you honestly think he would go for a staple job of 1800 USAir furloughees with DOH's back to 1988 ?[/quoteired.]

I don't have a dog in the fight, but who cares when someone is hired, it's seniority that counts and what your seniority brings to the table. If your seniority has you on furlough, then that's what your seniority brings to the table and the expectations associated with that seniority number. Generally speaking, anyone actively flying ought to be senior to anyone on furlough.

Now that US Airways has given up their pursuit of Delta, maybe they can get down to the business of completing their current merger. Complete intergration, one certificate, and painting all the airplanes. The new company has a lot of potential on their own. Earning half a billion dollars within the first complete year of a merger is very impressive! It would be nice to see US Airways place an order for more A330-200 aircraft and expand their international network. Combining the two companies gives US Airways a competitive domestic network. Why the A330-200, range 6750nm, and seat capacity in 3 class configuration 253 seats. Right now the A350 is a long way off and US Airways needs to expand internationally to compete with Delta, Continental, United, American, and Northwest. Both Phoenix and Las Vegas could probable support international expansion using the A330-200. Cities like London, Paris, and Frankfurt to start. With Airbus looking for more orders, US Airways could probable get a great deal on these aircraft. With Airbus being a large investor, I doubt they'd go boeing. The A350s that are on order are still a long way off so converting some of those orders may be coming. Their are lots of opportunities for this new US Airways once the complete intergration is complete. Now, if Parker can just focus on it!

Sir or Madame: Appreciate your usual accurate posts...but the nine A-330's that AAA already has are -300 version.

Regards..

Did you honestly think he would go for a staple job of 1800 USAir furloughed with Doh's back to 1988 ?

"Taking hits from the bong, as" the US Air pilots "pass it along". What do you not understand about "career expectations" It's not career fantasies or career wishes. Once again "career expectations".

Latest resources

Back