AAA/AWA Integration...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

Interesting statement from the arbitrator regarding his request for a working session Feb 21st.....

Prior to this meeting the arbitration board has requested that each side provide seniority lists effective January 1, 2007 and projected for July 1, 2007 in addition to lists of the aircraft in operation on July 1, 2006, January 1, 2007 and projected for July 1, 2007.
Mr. Nicolau has authorized each merger committee to release the following statement that he made in discussing the February 21st session:
Mr. Nicolau said, "The Board, upon reviewing their respective proposals, urged that each side seriously reassess its position"

Sounds like they don't like either sides proposal....

It's not an either-or situation. He just wants both sides to try to come closer to each other. He doesn't need them to; he'll make his judgement regardless.

That to me sounds like he's not going to do either one, no big suprise there.

AAA didnt ask for DOH. Read.....

Yes, but didn't AAA ask for something like 983 of the top 1000 spots? That is ridiculous. AWA bought USAir when USAir was failing. I know that some arbitrators don't take that into account, but from what I have heard he didn't buy AAA's bottom guy testimony which took 2 of the 3 weeks allotted for testimony. I think there should be some fences for the A330/762 INTL stuff, and maybe the PHX 757, and then the rest should be open for bids when available. Of course I am not involved, thank gawd!

Bye Bye--General Lee

And AWA proposal wasn't ridiculous....... Not sure if his meaning was for the two to come closer together, as much as it sounded, both sides ideas or thoughts were severly flawed.....If he wanted them closer together he could do it himself. As opposed to having another meeting.....

And AWA proposal wasn't ridiculous....... Not sure if his meaning was for the two to come closer together, as much as it sounded, both sides ideas or thoughts were severly flawed.....If he wanted them closer together he could do it himself. As opposed to having another meeting.....

The AAA proposal may have well been DOH!! It would have place our #1 AWA guy at about 900 and the rest sure looked like doh to most.

WD.

Well it looked like DOH as it was based on Length of service....Kinda a windfall for your bottom guys. Meanwhile your proposal, looked so fair too....

are you crazy? a windfall for the bottom guys to have every pilot that is currently furloughed to come back to a seniority list in front of an active pilot?

Latest resources

Back