Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Morale?

furloughfodder said:
You can always tell a pilot on a layover because they look like a "flasher" wearing jeans with a long trench coat.

Have you been watching Spirit crews again?

:D

enigma

I hear the APA is meeting at this very hour to work out a "scope clause" for Eagle pilots and leather jackets.

As of right now Eagle pilots remain Scoped from leather jackets:D

Yeah, leather jackets, now you'll turn a profit for sure, great biz plan management people, whatever.

quote:"We think that the finest aviators in the world deserve the finest uniform accessories," wrote Mark Hettermann, American's vice president of flight

jetexas said:
No AArrogance in that statement, eh??

Jeesus Cheerist, what do you expect the VP of flight to say at your company? That you're 2nd best? 5th best? If the man didn't say American pilots were the finest aviators, something would be seriously wrong with him.

And someone said something about swelled heads. Listen, when you're ready to apply to the majors, you shiat out multiple apps. You get several interviews if you're lucky. You hire on to the first one or second one that says "you're hired." This is the process. This process does not send naazis to american, xxx to Delta, xxx to United, xxx to Southwest. This process is almost entirely random; any individual pilot goes to whoever's hiring when he or she is looking for a job. In an entirely legitimate alternate universe, in which United had sent me an invitation to an interview before American did, I'd be a furloughed United pilot now, instead of a soon-to-be-furloughed American pilot.

Those are the breaks. Pardon me while I take my swollen head down to the unemployment office March 3rd.

:rolleyes:

Jeez, Steveg...

One would think that with all those ratings you wouldn't have such a small mind.

Think you can generalize just a little more and offend everyone else on the board?

Think. Use logic. Be convincing.

But don't be a tool...:eek:

Wrong Answer!

SteveG, take a look in the mirror & you'll see proof that your first line is incorrect. There are lots of good guys at AA, and lots more who would be there had circumstances been slightly different. No airline has a corner on "good guys," and every airline has their bottom-of-the-barrel.

Your statement about American pilots has got to be one of the most ignorant, uncivil, inaccurate, and outright rude things posted around here in a long time. You owe a lot of good people an apology.

Snoopy 58
(not an AA pilot)

Eagle,

Sorry if my post offended you. But closeminded? I've had a lot of dealings with aa pilots, and for the record, they've all been not nice. What I was trying to say is, I have faith in the interview process. I don't think it's a crapshoot as stated above. I believe that "In General" airlines hire a certain type of person. Each airline has a reputation. Granted reputations aren't always deserved, but for the most part...

From day one, aa pilots are told they are the best in the world. I do have a problem with that. Confidence is one thing, but come on, to tell everyone you meet you are #1. If you disagree, then so be it. For what it is worth, JB seems to be trying to disbunk my theory, and hire a cross-section. I think that is great, and the way it should be done. But if you look back at the hiring trends of other airlines over the past million years, I think you will see my point. Just please don't start telling us all that JB pilots are the best in the world.

Snoopy,

I don't owe any aa pilot an apology. Sorry if you disagree. I think they have done more, and allowed more things to bring down this profession than anyone else. B-scale, Scope, Staples, I could go on, but why. If you think I'm wrong, so be it. I'm not trying to convince you. I think history repeats itself. Why do you defend aa? How am I being rude and uncivil? I have first hand dealings with aa pilots, and I think stapling and stealing other pilots jobs is "rude, uncivil, and ignorant". What gives you the right to call me such? You don't know me, and yet you pass judgement. Are you sure you aren't aa? You act like it.

steveg said:
Whatever. All the a**holes end up at aa, plain and simple.

Look at what they've done to the profession. How many guys on here think they are better than the TWA pilots because they were hired by "aa". Give the interview people more credit than this. I know of several people that were turned down by other majors, only to get hired by aa.

We all know what aa stands for right?

Only the arrogant a**holes need apply........

I've read a lot of history on Chuck Yeager.

So, Mr. Yeager when did you get your 1900 type?

Take it easy their "Ice Man"

G4 is an example of the all-knowing, superior pilot hired exclusively by aa. I wish I were as great as him!

You start this cra p
and then get upset when people give you a hard time.

I never said booooooo about my skills. I just gave you a little ribbing and you can't take it.

For your sake I hope your skills are better then your attitude.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back