• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA to furlough 178 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After all, without those concessions, there wouldn't be an AMR, DAL, CAL, UAL or USAir to...umm...not be working for???

Really? Or perhaps capacity would have been adjusted accordingly. When any other business cannot earn the revenue necessary to cover the expense of producing the product or service they purchase, and pay their employee's an appropriate wage, they reduce the supply of said produst or service until a fair price is attained. $100-$300 roundtrip air fare aint cuttin it! It's time to restrict new entrants into this industry. Did we need Skypuss? Thankfully their were an abysmal failure. Do we need Virgin America, Allegiant, Directair etc?

PJ, I am a 12y captain.........and regarding the what I said about 2002 AA hiring into mainline instead of bottom, I forgot to mention that APA wanted a loop hole where MILITARY BUDDIES would go to mainline , bypassing the Rj route. Newbies to rj's....also senior AE captains would NEVER or expect DOH at AA, rather some type of integration.

Perhaps that wouldn't be that hard to accept if it is what's needed to get everybody on one seniority list. And as I said, if the military cry babies who feel they are too good to fly an rj are allowed to go to what is considered mainline equipment, just restrict them to what they can hold, AFTER they are hired into the MD80, or 737. It would basically allow them the awful "embarrassment" of being seen operating an aircraft with less than 100 seats, but the current AE guys and civilian newhires would be able to upgrade to larger aircraft or the left seat as their seniority can hold.

Like I said, sometimes you have to eat crow for the betterment of the majority. Pride gets you nowhere.

Perhaps that wouldn't be that hard to accept if it is what's needed to get everybody on one seniority list. And as I said, if the military cry babies who feel they are too good to fly an rj are allowed to go to what is considered mainline equipment, just restrict them to what they can hold, AFTER they are hired into the MD80, or 737. It would basically allow them the awful "embarrassment" of being seen operating an aircraft with less than 100 seats, but the current AE guys and civilian newhires would be able to upgrade to larger aircraft or the left seat as their seniority can hold.

Like I said, sometimes you have to eat crow for the betterment of the majority. Pride gets you nowhere.

I'd gladly stay at Eagle while a mil guy goes directly to the MD80 as long as my seniority number is above his on the master list. The senior folks at Eagle have been burned by APA in the past and aren't willing to forgive and forget. They are under the assumption that we would be doing much better as a stand alone carrier fending for ourselves (which I find hard to believe). Getting all AMR flying on one list should be a priority for the work group AND company. Eliminating scope issues completely would give us the flexibility our competitors dont have.

I'd gladly stay at Eagle while a mil guy goes directly to the MD80 as long as my seniority number is above his on the master list. The senior folks at Eagle have been burned by APA in the past and aren't willing to forgive and forget. They are under the assumption that we would be doing much better as a stand alone carrier fending for ourselves (which I find hard to believe). Getting all AMR flying on one list should be a priority for the work group AND company. Eliminating scope issues completely would give us the flexibility our competitors dont have.

Your "senior folks" at AE can cry me a river.

Maybe they can provide an extensive list of flying that has been lost by AE and given to the AA pilots. The AE senior guys have been the benefactors of the clueless APA majority that gave AE the jets that gutted the AA system.

I don't harbor any illusions that the relationship between both groups has been harmonious, but let's be a little accurate as to who took it in the shorts and who merely had their feelings hurt with name calling.

Maybe they can provide an extensive list of flying that has been lost by AE and given to the AA pilots. The AE senior guys have been the benefactors of the clueless APA majority that gave AE the jets that gutted the AA system.

I don't harbor any illusions that the relationship between both groups has been harmonious, but let's be a little accurate as to who took it in the shorts and who merely had their feelings hurt with name calling.

Hey I agree, and wish everyone on both sides could get together and sing kum-bah-yaa around the campfire. Nobody has been hit harder than the guys on furlough from AA (8-9 years on the street now?) so where do we go from here? Can either side wash away the bad blood and start over?

Don't you realize that every contract APA shoots themselves in the foot by restricting the feed. If APA wasn't so shortsighted, AMR would be stronger today with a better feed system. The more passengers the feed brings AA, the more AA can grow. APA needs to work with ALPA and bring the two lists together. Get over this us and them stupid mentality and work on making this a better profession.

Do you mean the AE jets that provided 400-600 AA furloughs with jet captain jobs for 4 years instead of hitting the streets???
YOU MEAN THOSE JETS???

As you said, "APA gave AE jets"

APA has ALWAYS been and continue to be there own worst enemy.

Last edited:
200 TWA pilots.....big difference in the eyes of AMR.

If the bottom 200 pilots would have been native AA, they still would have gotten furloughed. It is not about AA or TWA, it is about junior AA pilots being replaced with more senior AE flowthroughs due to the arbitration.

If the bottom 200 pilots would have been native AA, they still would have gotten furloughed. It is not about AA or TWA, it is about junior AA pilots being replaced with more senior AE flowthroughs due to the arbitration.

So your saying it's about seniority order?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back