• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA rudest flight crews ever

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DFW AA guys have always been nice to me. I'm a frac pilot and I fly in uniform all the time too. And I fly AA on vacation, not in uniform. Easiest airline I've experienced.

Nonrev On AA all the time, both commuting and on ZED's, have never had a problem and can mention plenty of times the Flight Crew have helped make sure I got on.

Some flight crews are nice and some have no business being in a customer service focused business like the airline industry. I had the same situation with a pilot at Southwest Airlines at PVD a few years ago waiting for the same flight I was going to be on. I tried to have a conversation with him. He was sitting there, doing nothing except looking around. He was very aloof and in his own little world. Not a friendly pilot at all. I also saw a flight attendant at National Airport coming back through security, meeting other flight attendants going through security. She was talking very loudly how much she doesn't like working for American as a flight attendant and etc, etc, ertc,. She was drawing stares from many people around her.

Youve never seen the ridest AA crew until you show up in a TWA uniform. Trust me.

I don't work for AA but...

As a Captain, according to our FOM my responsibility for the pax ends when the doors open at the gate. The FAs are trained to take care of the pax if something happens and there is nothing that I can do that they can't. The CSAs are responsible for the pax when the aircraft is at the gate. There is no need for the pilots to stick around. I don't and neither does my FO.

I get paid to fly the plane and pax safely and economically from point A to point B. I don't get paid to board them, provide them inflight service, or to get them off the plane at the destination. I provide the service I am responsible for and that I get paid for.

If it makes you happy to pretend you're a box, have at it. You'll probably make everyone around you on the plane happier.

The FAs are trained to take care of the pax if something happens and there is nothing that I can do that they can't. The CSAs are responsible for the pax when the aircraft is at the gate. There is no need for the pilots to stick around. I don't and neither does my FO.

Unless you work for... SWA. If the airplane has any kind of power on it it..pax or not, DON'T leave!! it WILL catch on fire!
While it is burning..let me show you my W-2. It's not that i'm bragging or anything. It is the simple fact that it defines me as a person.
Did I mention that I work for...
Whatever...someday their 4:30 am wake up call will be 10 minutes early....
reality will call. Sorry kids. It won't be fun! I don't wish it upon you whatsoever. I just think you all need to look outside the bubble...

Matter of time.

Latest resources

Back