AA rudest flight crews ever

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captboy2001

After riding in the back of AA for the last 10 years I would have to say there crews are the rudest ever. I travel in uniform all the time, the flight attendants sometimes say hello or acknowledge I'm actually a passenger but for the flight crews I stopped saying hello years ago. What really pissed my off was we took the family to Orlando and exiting the airplane my 5yr old says thank you to the First Officer and the guy just looked at my son with no response. what a DK.. The other thing that gets me is on the last flight to DFW the flight crews always jump off the plane before all the pax are off. Are you not responsible for the pax on your plane?? Poor flight attendants I guess if something happens deplanning they just fend for themselves. Rant over you guys really have No customer service skills at all. Next time I will pretend I'm a box on FedEx it will be the same service

The other thing that gets me is on the last flight to DFW the flight crews always jump off the plane before all the pax are off. Are you not responsible for the pax on your plane?? Poor flight attendants I guess if something happens deplanning they just fend for themselves.
I don't work for AA but...

As a Captain, according to our FOM my responsibility for the pax ends when the doors open at the gate. The FAs are trained to take care of the pax if something happens and there is nothing that I can do that they can't. The CSAs are responsible for the pax when the aircraft is at the gate. There is no need for the pilots to stick around. I don't and neither does my FO.

I get paid to fly the plane and pax safely and economically from point A to point B. I don't get paid to board them, provide them inflight service, or to get them off the plane at the destination. I provide the service I am responsible for and that I get paid for.

If it makes you happy to pretend you're a box, have at it. You'll probably make everyone around you on the plane happier.

Plus the pilots may have to hump it over to another concourse for their next flight, due out in 15 minutes.

After riding in the back of AA for the last 10 years I would have to say there crews are the rudest ever. I travel in uniform all the time, the flight attendants sometimes say hello or acknowledge I'm actually a passenger but for the flight crews I stopped saying hello years ago. What really pissed my off was we took the family to Orlando and exiting the airplane my 5yr old says thank you to the First Officer and the guy just looked at my son with no response. what a DK.. The other thing that gets me is on the last flight to DFW the flight crews always jump off the plane before all the pax are off. Are you not responsible for the pax on your plane?? Poor flight attendants I guess if something happens deplanning they just fend for themselves. Rant over you guys really have No customer service skills at all. Next time I will pretend I'm a box on FedEx it will be the same service

Let me guess, you are some fractional pilot who is all up in arms because the AA pilots didn't bow to your stripes.

#1) Airline pilots are not all that appreciative of fractionals taking our premium passengers, but so be it. At the same time, don't expect us to recognize you as a premier member of our community. If that hurts your feelings, so be it.

#2 As you travel out of Dallas, the pilots you are expecting to kiss your posterior are the same ones you may have forces to go around by slowing to 103 knots 10 miles out in a highly congested airport. Bad on him actually for thinking you would actually adhere to the ATC clearance of 170 to the marker. As a highly experienced aviator, he should have KNOWN you would come into DFW airspace and screw it all up. 100% his fault for letting it happen and for NOT thanking you for adding a valuable lesson to his arsenal of experience.

Anything else?

Don't take it personally. DFW guys are different. They don't even acknowledge AA guys from other bases.

Not an AA guy, and I can see your point with the kids...
But as far as the rest goes:
-I want to be the first off the plane when my trip is done. I have another flight to do and want to get to the hotel or home. I'm home, or commuting home. Once the last checklist is run, I have no purpose on the plane. On the ground doors open The GSC is in charge. C-YA-BYE.
-Flight attendants have ground crews to help them in case "something happens" I have no authority once the door opens anyhow.
-Riding on Fedex is awesome... better service than just about any airline there is when riding the JS/nonrev. Your comparison has no relevance.

It's interesting to hear. Maybe it's time to switch your carrier? I wonder if you fly on others, you will really be that much happier? I know I welcome kids to the cockpit but i am sure we have pilots who don't care to, and we are LUV airlines!

Latest resources

Back