• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None of the above, The Tranny is where I sit now. Beats being furloughed any day of the week.

so you feel better about their future than AMR? (I ask seriously).

Its about game time so Ill keep this short. I don't know what to think about this industry. If I was at SW, Fedex, or UPS I'd be thrilled, Im not. I do have 250 guys below after a year with 300 + more coming next year. I made more money last year as a first year fo for Airtran than Ive ever made flying. I have a line and atleast 15 days off a month. I will have the opportunity to upgrade in the next 3 years. If I went back to American, I would be at the bottom, on reserve, and not upgrade for what maybe 10 years? A roommate from college was hired there a few months before I got on with TWA. He hated it from day 1. He was very disappointed the way he was treated by other crewmembers when they found out his background wasn't what they determined appropriate. Now he is at Eagle and is has been contemplating getting out of flying all together. I think, but don't quote me, American has furloughed every decade they've been in business. Airtran may not be around in a few years but I don't get treated like dirt by fellow pilots, and we fly good equipment. The contract is a whole other ball of wax. But we could go back and forth on that. My uncle always says when we are hunting "no matter what we do it's gonna be wrong." I feel like that sums up my career to this point; Allegheny, TWA, Flight Options. Hopefully Airtran makes it. Hopefully everyone makes it, this sure isn't the career it used to be. But unless we're gonna go back to school, or buy a franchise, this is all some of us know how to do. So the simple answer to your question for me Airtran or AMR, is Airtran. Feel free to pm me or charbroil me. So much for keeping it short.

No, I can see your point.. but I am told Airtran is going thru hard times now, this is why I asked.. Are they really hiring 300 next year?

Tubelcane,

It's good to see another TWA'er happy where they are currently. I'm the same. AA, reserve as a redheaded step child captain in 10+ years maybe, or CAL with a clean slate and a bright future and captain in 3-5 years. No brainer.

Good Luck.

I'm curius to see if the recalls continue at AA... Age 65 or greater than 60 sure seems to be heating. AA recalls (for now) are predicated on attrition not expansion. Everyone else seems to be expanding except for AA. Is that a bad thing? Not to the share holders. AA stock is higher than it has been in at least 6 years. Arpey and the bean counters seem to be happy with the way things are. Keep containment on capacity driving ticket prices higher.

I'm curius to see if the recalls continue at AA... Age 65 or greater than 60 sure seems to be heating. AA recalls (for now) are predicated on attrition not expansion. Everyone else seems to be expanding except for AA. Is that a bad thing? Not to the share holders. AA stock is higher than it has been in at least 6 years. Arpey and the bean counters seem to be happy with the way things are. Keep containment on capacity driving ticket prices higher.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back