• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recall rumors/gossip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA decided against buying another carrier. From what I hear AA is planning on massive growth similar to the 80's. They are looking at reducing their costs and seniority from the expansion. The timing should be good since SouthWest is becoming a high cost airline. More 787's, 777's, 737's, C-Series on the way. Time to Captain should come down to 3 years for C-Series, 5 for 737, and 10 for 777 in the future.

What source is this information coming from? Is that your hope or is
that what AA pilot's can expect over the next 3 -5 years?

Just curious..........

There have been many pilots hired by Emirates who have flown nothing larger than a 53,000lb CRJ-200...which is 20k lbs lighter than a G-IV, let alone a G-V. Perhaps they were hired under different hiring conditions than when you were looking, but none that I know had any trouble during their widebody initial training.

True but Emirates is probably more interested in the 121 time that CRJ pilot has vs. the corporate G5 guy whose flying is nothing like 121. So in this case the weight difference doesn't really matter, it's more the style of flying that fits the bill.

True but Emirates is probably more interested in the 121 time that CRJ pilot has vs. the corporate G5 guy whose flying is nothing like 121. So in this case the weight difference doesn't really matter, it's more the style of flying that fits the bill.

Without a doubt...but its not like TC didn't have thousands of hours of 121 experience (if not PIC experience) before he got his "vacation" from AA and ended up as PIC of one of the largest long-range bizjets out there.

Yeah but TC just plain refuses to wear a hat, so he didn't fit the mold over there. :laugh:

Weren't the majority of JB guys hired after 9/11? I don't think date of hire will hurt many furloughed AMR folks. I know we had a bunch of furloughees go to JB, which naturally occured after 911

AA decided against buying another carrier. From what I hear AA is planning on massive growth similar to the 80's. They are looking at reducing their costs and seniority from the expansion. The timing should be good since SouthWest is becoming a high cost airline. More 787's, 777's, 737's, C-Series on the way. Time to Captain should come down to 3 years for C-Series, 5 for 737, and 10 for 777 in the future.

Pass the j , I got to get me some of that

Also, the return of monthly flight attendant weigh-ins and 90 hr guarantee

Without a doubt...but its not like TC didn't have thousands of hours of 121 experience (if not PIC experience) before he got his "vacation" from AA and ended up as PIC of one of the largest long-range bizjets out there.

It's obvious, they found out what football team TC supports. Don't look any deeper than that. Damn flatlanders! :laugh:

X

There's no "massive growth" to be had. The domestic market is mature, meaning no room for growth. International, sure, but nothing massive. Incremental growth is more likely. And that ain't much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back