Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true there are masses of GP's and only a few great ones. I am not trying to lessen what we do. But I think they are many industries where the "operators" which is what we are, make "life and death" type decisions on a regular basis and they are certainly not compensated as we are. I think it would help the pilot group as a whole if we kept are collective feet firmly planted in reality and refrained from pounding on our chests. That being said, I am all for being paid as much as my airline can afford and I am all for "A" plan contributions and 401k contributions and medical and dental etc...... but I know that I have all these things because ALPA put its head down and pushed and pushed and pushed. Not because my job is somehow more stressfull or more dangerous or I have a huge effect on peoples lives etc... I just have a better union then other industries and a better public perception

dogg said:
That is true there are masses of GP's and only a few great ones. I am not trying to lessen what we do. But I think they are many industries where the "operators" which is what we are, make "life and death" type decisions on a regular basis and they are certainly not compensated as we are. I think it would help the pilot group as a whole if we kept are collective feet firmly planted in reality and refrained from pounding on our chests. That being said, I am all for being paid as much as my airline can afford and I am all for "A" plan contributions and 401k contributions and medical and dental etc...... but I know that I have all these things because ALPA put its head down and pushed and pushed and pushed. Not because my job is somehow more stressfull or more dangerous or I have a huge effect on peoples lives etc... I just have a better union then other industries and a better public perception

Dogg, what the hell does this have to do with American Airlines and their unfortunate situation? If you really think you are underqualified and over paid, quit flying and go to medical school.

Hoss,

I understand what you say,only pointing out where the name really originated from. I also see your point about a specific pilot, but one does not speak for the whole group, every company has a couple people in left field. I hope you are not judging almost 14,000 pilots based on the comments of one person.

As for the other things you mention, fly into Newark all day, or Denver all day, I am sure you will see things that bug you about pilots at each airline.

AAflyer

Hey All,
Answer the following:

What is most important when "flying" through turbulence?

1- Airspeed

2- Altitude

3- Configuration

4- ATTITUDE

I think number 4 is the right answer......

Happy Flying

-#1W

Windmill,

that is the smartest post I have seen yet!!!KUDOS!!!!

AAflyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back