AA New Hires in Dec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If recalled, how long can one bypass?

At VX, I recently flew with a Captain who is a furloughed AA pilot. He said the last guy on furlough had been given a call back offer on March so now everyone has a 3 year clock for the final answer. March 2016.

CA John Hale - Let the Hiring Begin!

American Airlines is going to begin hiring pilots! I think I could probably end the message there and everyone would be satisfied, but perhaps a bit more detail is appropriate.

The application window will open tomorrow, Oct. 1, and we expect our first class of new hires to start on Dec. 3. That?s a pretty short window, so the recruitment team, headed by our own Patty Taylor, is going to be moving extremely quickly to get everything done in time.

We want to make sure we hire not only the most technically skilled pilots, but also pilots that ?fit? with and within the American Airlines culture, so a lot of time and energy has gone into the development of our pilot recruitment process. You?ll see that technology plays a big role in the initial stages; however, since you are the ones that will fly with these people, we have a group of AA pilots that will interview the applicants that make it to the final stages of the hiring process, and they will have a major voice in the hiring decision.

I?m sure that many of you have friends or family that will be interested in applying, so we?re also adding a Recruitment page to AAPilots that will include the specifics on the interview process, a Pilot Selection Preparation Guide, instructions on how you can submit references/recommendation letters, and answer a few common questions.

Speaking of recommendations, please be selective about those you recommend. Your feedback will be given serious consideration, so make sure you?re only recommending someone you?re willing to work with for years to come.

This is extremely exciting news. It means movement and more opportunity ? things we?ve all been looking forward to. So, when you see that person in the dark suit wandering the halls of the Flight Academy, stop them, shake their hand, and let them know how happy we are that they want to be a part of our great airline.

CA John Hale

Edit - The application window will open tomorrow, Oct. 1 at 1200 CT, and we expect our first class of new hires to start on Dec. 3.

If you haven?t already, you can go to aacareers.com and click on the link that takes you to the Pilot Credentials portal, where you can complete your information. If you already have a ?global profile? in Pilot Credentials, you will be directed on how to move that information into the American system.

Last edited:
CA John Hale - Let the Hiring Begin!

American Airlines is going to begin hiring pilots! I think I could probably end the message there and everyone would be satisfied, but perhaps a bit more detail is appropriate.

The application window will open tomorrow, Oct. 1, and we expect our first class of new hires to start on Dec. 3. That?s a pretty short window, so the recruitment team, headed by our own Patty Taylor, is going to be moving extremely quickly to get everything done in time.

We want to make sure we hire not only the most technically skilled pilots, but also pilots that ?fit? with and within the American Airlines culture, so a lot of time and energy has gone into the development of our pilot recruitment process. You?ll see that technology plays a big role in the initial stages; however, since you are the ones that will fly with these people, we have a group of AA pilots that will interview the applicants that make it to the final stages of the hiring process, and they will have a major voice in the hiring decision.

I?m sure that many of you have friends or family that will be interested in applying, so we?re also adding a Recruitment page to AAPilots that will include the specifics on the interview process, a Pilot Selection Preparation Guide, instructions on how you can submit references/recommendation letters, and answer a few common questions.

Speaking of recommendations, please be selective about those you recommend. Your feedback will be given serious consideration, so make sure you?re only recommending someone you?re willing to work with for years to come.

This is extremely exciting news. It means movement and more opportunity ? things we?ve all been looking forward to. So, when you see that person in the dark suit wandering the halls of the Flight Academy, stop them, shake their hand, and let them know how happy we are that they want to be a part of our great airline.

CA John Hale

Edit - The application window will open tomorrow, Oct. 1 at 1200 CT, and we expect our first class of new hires to start on Dec. 3.

If you haven?t already, you can go to aacareers.com and click on the link that takes you to the Pilot Credentials portal, where you can complete your information. If you already have a ?global profile? in Pilot Credentials, you will be directed on how to move that information into the American system.

Awesome thanks for the info!!!

Just curious why even after the BK does AA still have Domestic/Int for each equipment in base? Seems kind of silly esp on the 737 to limit what kind of line you can build.

Just curious why even after the BK does AA still have Domestic/Int for each equipment in base? Seems kind of silly esp on the 737 to limit what kind of line you can build.

It's the way AA has done it for decades: they have always split DOM and INT. They had mentioned it would go away after BK but we haven't seen that yet.

I kind of like it this way. I'm done with the whole INTL thing, just want to fly domestic. No interest in mixing it up.

It may be inefficient for the company, but it does require more pilots keeping the divisions separate.

How senior is LAX? Is there an equip lock initially? Thanks for all the good info.

Over/under on 1300 bluejet pilots wanting to leave to join AA?

We successfully crashed the site! I keep getting kicked off. Only got through the 10 year address section completely.

Latest resources

Back