• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aa Increase To Recalls To 50 Per Month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am just stating that you shouldn't put labels on something when you are as much a label as anyone else.

Everyone is labeled. Ex-mil. Ex-civ. Ex-TransCarib. Ex-AirCal. Ex-Reno. Ex-TWA. Ex-whatever airline AA buys next.

The arbitrator is differentiating between those hired originally at AA and those who came in the integration with TWA. I don't know how else to describe the situation. I suppose I could have called them Natives.

I think the arbitrator got it wrong to say that those who got stapled did not actually gain "positions" at AA. How do you treat the 92 pilots on the very bottom of the list who interviewed and were in training but not on the line when they got furloughed? Does their recall constitute a "newhire position"?

This is messed up. TC

This is messed up. TC
That pretty much sums it up.

When I was furloughed I was operating under the APA contract, wearing an American uniform, flying an Airplane that said "American" on the side and saying "American" on the frequency when talking to ATC.

Bizarre!!

Last edited:
If it is only a 35% accept rate they will burn through the list fast. Now I will have to start losing sleep again.

Latest resources

Back