• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aa Increase To Recalls To 50 Per Month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MD80--There are discussions ongoing. If any flowthroughs are added, they will go on (or very near) the bottom of the list.

The next grievance to be heard will determine if recall classes constitute "new hire" classes for the purposes of allowing AE pilots to flow through.

It'll be awhile.

All I know is that the "real" AA pilots in my recall class had to go through EXACTLY the same indoc I did last week. Are they newhires too?

The arbitrator who made the previous ruling that some former TWA pilots should be considered "newhires" is more f'ed up than the guy who did the USAir list. TC

Swaayze--No breaks for aa73! ;)

What's the deal with Eagle's grievance? I heard there may be about 750 Eagle guys piling in on top of many of the TWA/AA furloughees??

They one the grievance that says when AA brings the TWA guys that were never on the property that they are considered new hires and eagle gets 50% of new hire classes. Yeah its about 750 guys affected.

American will be recalling until they have to furlough again due to their poor financial performance in the next recession.

I would not want to be on the bottom of that seniority list just to be furloughed again.

Is AA shrinking in fleet size? What is the plan with the 300+ MD80's?

Ahh, the million dollar question. Short version - they will be here for awhile (2020 is the last I heard.) Long version - they will s-l-o-w-l-y be replaced by some wonderful Next Gen 787 replacement for the 737... or something along those lines.

One thing you can be reasonably sure of - no new a/c order announcements until we ratify a new contract, most likely with the lame attempt of some kind of rotten carrot dangling in front of us. We know where to stick it.

Ahh, the million dollar question. Short version - they will be here for awhile (2020 is the last I heard.) Long version - they will s-l-o-w-l-y be replaced by some wonderful Next Gen 787 replacement for the 737... or something along those lines.

One thing you can be reasonably sure of - no new a/c order announcements until we ratify a new contract, most likely with the lame attempt of some kind of rotten carrot dangling in front of us. We know where to stick it.

Wow. 2020. Well I heard contract negotiations will start soon. Does the APA seem ready/unified to put up a good fight?

So if you were part of the "LLC", that is considered not being a part of AA, so, 50% of the class I get recalled to will be filled with eagle guy's? Is that what an arbitrator stated should occur?

MD80--There are discussions ongoing. If any flowthroughs are added, they will go on (or very near) the bottom of the list.

The next grievance to be heard will determine if recall classes constitute "new hire" classes for the purposes of allowing AE pilots to flow through.

It'll be awhile.

All I know is that the "real" AA pilots in my recall class had to go through EXACTLY the same indoc I did last week. Are they newhires too?

The arbitrator who made the previous ruling that some former TWA pilots should be considered "newhires" is more f'ed up than the guy who did the USAir list. TC
;)

Actually, both the TWA number generation grievance and the recall in seniority order grievances have already been heard by arbitrator LaRocco. He has already made his opinion and order on the TWA number generation grievance.

He never said the TWA LLC pilots were "new hires". He said that the positions that they are being recalled to are "new hire positions" as defined in Supp W/Letter 3. As such the Eagle pilots with AA seniority numbers will be called to class with them in AA seniority order. Additionally, Eagle pilots who elected flow through but were never given an AA seniority number because there were no new hire positions will be assigned AA numbers at 50% of the recalls of non AA-trained ex TWA-LLC pilots.

LaRocco asked AMR, APA, and ALPA to determine where the line is for "new hire positions". He also warned them that his opinion on the recall in seniority order grievance would be better addressed in a joint remedy while together determining the point of new hire positions. Like most arbitrators, they don't want to decide for the parties.

It won't be a while. It will be resolved fairly quickly. Any of the four parties can ask LaRocco to determine the point of "new hire positions" right now. There was a 60-day waiting period, which has already passed. As long as the negotiations are progressing, no one will ask for a ruling.

Not including any FIS the first non AA-trained ex TWA LLC pilot has starts class this month. The Eagle pilots with AA numbers ahead of them will be retro protected for pay and retirement.

The un-real AA numbers that Eagle pilots hold are about to become very real.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back