• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Future Plans/Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's another question... I'm currently serving a one year recall in the military (until next Feb.) and I figure I'm about 450 from the top (including the TWA dudes) from being recalled. My best guess is that I'll be recalled in the fall of 2003 if all goes well. I'm still holding a AE flow-back position and plan on going to training when my active duty stint runs out. Can anyone tell me how the AE training is going? Are they fair? Is there any bias towards the flow-back pilots? Can't imagine they would be very receptive to us...
Thanks. Out.

Does anybody know if we're getting LOS for our furlough? I don't remember the company agreeing to it but it's become an urban legend. If not I hope the APA demands it before they even sit down.
Seems like every time we've had folks on furlough and been in contract negotiations that it takes years to get LOS for the last furloughed group.
I think the early 90's guys just got it.
Wouldn't suck to go back on 2nd or 3rd year pay...especially under new pay rates.

Now that we've beaten the recall order to death, are the first few newhire classes going to purely Eagle. What else do we have to talk about now?

I'm sure this will be something that AMR/ALPA/APA will fight about. The FTA says says that up to one half of the new hire classes at AA will be offered to Eagle pilots. Now the company implemented this by only offering seniority numbers to Eagle pilots equal to one half of the class size each month at AA. So when AA hired 80 in one month, forty numbers were eligible to go to Eagle pilots.......and if Eagle only had 5 pilots completing I.O.E that month.....only 5 got a seniortiy number. Eagle's position on this was the 50% requirement was for the issuance of seniority numbers at AA. So far in the life of this aggrement, Eagle never had enough pilots ready to take seniority numbers that would meet that 50%.

We now have 410 Eagle Pilots with AA seniority numbers that should transfer to AA as soon as posible. (By the way, from what I understand, Eagle Flow Pilots are not considered new hires.....they are company transfers.) Does Eagle want to loose 20, 30, 50 jet captains a month when AA starts hiring again? I think we know the answer to that. Their position was the 50% was for the issuance of numbers (not class % at AA).....I guess we will see what their positon will be in a few years.

SF3CA

Latest resources

Back