AA announces recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TC,

Every hour of C & R will take 6 months off your life.. Or so I have been told.

Yeah, I could be doing something productive like drinking... ;)

TC

An arbitrator ruled 154 Eagle pilots are entiitled to flow up to AA and will be given seniority numbers after AA pilots currently on the seniority list. ie-They will be trained before newhires off the street.

An arbitrator ruled 154 Eagle pilots are entiitled to flow up to AA and will be given seniority numbers after AA pilots currently on the seniority list. ie-They will be trained before newhires off the street.

Total number of Eagle pilots with AA numbers is roughly 530. Many unaswered questions there.........

a) will Eagle pilots be able to decline an AA class date, or will they be forced to flow? It wasn't much of an issue before 9/11, but now it's a hot topic. Company wants anyone with more than, say, 8-10 years seniority OUT yesterday.

b) would Eagle flowthrus have entire classes dedicated just to them, or will they be mixed with off-the-street newhires? Could be classes for all Eagle pilots if Eagle is fat on staffing and AA's monthly requirements while Eagle pilots flow isn't more than about 25-30/month.

It'll be a minimum until 6 months till we cross that road, IMHO.

Starscream--The way "I" read Sup. W is that flowthroughs will be forced to either flow or quit. I haven't read it for awhile but that's what I took from it.

I doubt there will be entire classes of flowthroughs since the intent is to provide for a certain number of flowthroughs proportioned to a certain number of new hires.

All IMO.

TC

Is this news just for February, or will they be recalling for the foreseeable future?

Also, will this get all the remaining few flowbacks back to AA?

It's nice to hear some good news every now and again... Good luck on the contract AA guys.

Methinks this will be a repeat of 2007... i.e. start recalling slowly and then the momentum increases. At least I hope.

Starscream--The way "I" read Sup. W is that flowthroughs will be forced to either flow or quit. I haven't read it for awhile but that's what I took from it.

I doubt there will be entire classes of flowthroughs since the intent is to provide for a certain number of flowthroughs proportioned to a certain number of new hires.

All IMO.

TC

As for being forced to flow, many at Eagle keep emphasizing the word "opportunity" and the absence of "obligation" in the language of L3/SW. They also feel as though they'd have a wrongful termination suit if fired for refusing to flow.

The way I see it, what is a flowthru going to do when he signs into DECS and the line AA LONG TERM TRNG 01DEC09 sits atop his HI10? Not show up? And when his DEC monthly bids are rejected by DECS??

It's no different than when someone accidently bids/gets awarded a new bid status, and then decides after the fact that he didn't want to go after all. Happened to someone who was setting up his disp bid, but was accidently entering them as his preference bid. He was ORD based, inadvertantly got himself awarded DFW, told crew resources "I don't want to go," they told him, "too bad, you bid it." This really isn't much different.

I'd imagine that if AMR gave them years of pay consistent with their AA OCNL seniority date +2 years (for when they would have flowed), I'd imagine most would still want to go, except maybe guys who live around DFW and realize they won't be able to hold it for some time. But pay is the biggest issue. I can understand fighting it if being forced to go from $120K/year to $35K/year.

As for the percentage of Eagle guys in an AA class, L3/SW said AT LEAST 50%, and there is really nothing to preclude up to 100% if AMR so desired to get as many senior guys out the door from Eagle as quickly as possible. However, staffing at Eagle will probably dictate less than 100%, unless the monthly attrition was no more than 40 Eagle captains due to Eagle's natural inability to trains as many pilots per month as AA (if, say AAs manning needs dictated 20-30 or so new bodies at AA per month then there's a good chance they'd all be from Eagle since they could handle that attrition).

Yeah, aa73, lets all hope February is just the beginning!

Latest resources

Back