A380 Lands at KLAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are as dense as Roman concrete.

I'm sorry but I just have to know. Doesn't Roman concrete have the same density as American concrete. I realize it would depend on the density of the sand and the aggregate, as well as the cement itself. Also the ratio that they are mixed and the average temp and humidity while it was curing would come into play.... sorry wrong forum.

Russian - Here's a short story for you:

During my 6 years/5000 hrs of E-120 time I often wondered why 737's were going around so much. What's the problem when a 120 can go from 250 to 170 and back to 250 in a few short miles all while going down hill on a visual. Heck, if we could see the runway we could land right? Well, I'm here now to tell you that until you've flown a jet on a fast visual - the airplane doesn't come down AND slow down at the same time (except the MD-80 from what I hear.) The 737 for one is squirly down low and slow and I by no means have it figured out after 200 hrs.

Moral of story: I'd keep quiet if I were you until you know what you're talking about. The "Bro" as it's called is one of the easiest a/c I have ever flown. It flies identical to the KA-350 btw - my guess is the T-tail and the props.

I can't imagine how a milion pound a/c would control when empty? From my little large jet experience I can say the heavier the a/c the more stable it is. Maybe there is some insight to the 380's landing here....Who knows?

Just my $0.02.

I'm sorry but I just have to know. Doesn't Roman concrete have the same density as American concrete. I realize it would depend on the density of the sand and the aggregate, as well as the cement itself. Also the ratio that they are mixed and the average temp and humidity while it was curing would come into play.... sorry wrong forum.
It was a shot in the dark. I figured that Roman concrete has been curing for 2300 years while American concrete has been for only 200. *Shrug*

It was a shot in the dark. I figured that Roman concrete has been curing for 2300 years while American concrete has been for only 200. *Shrug*

As was your comment on the landing by the A380 pilot.

You'd best keep quiet so people don't know how ignorant you are.

FJ

As was your comment on the landing by the A380 pilot.

You'd best keep quiet so people don't know how ignorant you are.

FJ
What's wrong with bashing the guys sh!tbag landing? It sucked. If I blundered a Worldwide televised landing like that, I would expect you to bash me too! All I said to start this was: "It looks like he misjudged his rudder input". If you guys are getting bent out of shape because of that, then you got problems!

BTW, he did misjudge the rudder input. And he got pretty squirrely too!

You just go ahead and keep judging my "ignorance". It makes you sound really cool and important. *Laugh*

Last edited:
Going2Baja said:
During my 6 years/5000 hrs of E-120 time I often wondered why 737's were going around so much. What's the problem when a 120 can go from 250 to 170 and back to 250 in a few short miles all while going down hill on a visual. Heck, if we could see the runway we could land right? Well, I'm here now to tell you that until you've flown a jet on a fast visual - the airplane doesn't come down AND slow down at the same time (except the MD-80 from what I hear.) The 737 for one is squirly down low and slow and I by no means have it figured out after 200 hrs.
I have flown a jet on a fast visual. The drag characteristics of an individual type of aircraf thave nothing to do with the conversation.
Moral of story: I'd keep quiet if I were you until you know what you're talking about.
Ok. I'll make sure to do that. :rolleyes:
The "Bro" as it's called is one of the easiest a/c I have ever flown. It flies identical to the KA-350 btw - my guess is the T-tail and the props.
The E-120's handling is absolutely nothing like the King Air family with respect to "ease". Unless you are a cyborg, you are way off base. The 120 is an erganomics disaster.

I can't imagine how a milion pound a/c would control when empty? From my little large jet experience I can say the heavier the a/c the more stable it is. Maybe there is some insight to the 380's landing here....Who knows?
That would be true with any size aircraft.

What was your point in this post? Please try to think about what you are saying before you try to "tell me" something. Not all of us represent the idiot crowd on here.

Cya.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back