• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A380 Lands at KLAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Explain how the principles of flying a large (heavy) aircraft vs. a small (light) aircraft are different.

Enlighten us!

The principles are exactly the same...all the time. That's why every landing is exactly the same. It's all principle, see? In fact, all you have to do is talk about it until you understand the principle. The sight picture, residual thrust, ground effect, and airfoil characteristics have no bearing on the ease or difficulty of landing an airplane. It's just principle.

The principles are exactly the same...all the time. That's why every landing is exactly the same. It's all principle, see? In fact, all you have to do is talk about it until you understand the principle. The sight picture, residual thrust, ground effect, and airfoil characteristics have no bearing on the ease or difficulty of landing an airplane. It's just principle.

Isn't that basically what I said? Then you said "Keep telling yourself that".

Or, was that really the advice you are trying to give because you knew what I said was true.

Please clarify.

You would know if you had flown it. And BTW, who cares if you have flown fighters?

What do you think? Are you better than the rest? You think just because you got assigned fighters that you are a better stick than someone else?

Seriously.

Whoa little tool - you are seriously mistaken.

One, I don't think I'm better than anyone. I enjoy flying with both military and civilian guys in my airline job. Both have unique qualities they bring to the table. I have learned some great tips from some outstanding captains I've flown with that are straight civilian.

Two, you seriously don't have a clue about how the military process of getting your aircraft works do you? You don't get "assigned" fighters out of pilot training, you bust your a$$ and study hard to EARN your aircraft (whether it be fighters, heavies, choppers, etc...). I dreamed of flying fighters and got them, I was not assigned it in the least.

Three, you are correct...I don't think flying a Brasilia is hard. Please enlighten us on why it is so extremely hard to fly. Since you have the balls to make a fool of yourself and critique senior airline guys on how their landing is in the A380, please tell us what makes the Brasilia so complex to fly. We're all ears...

I bet you've got a "Brasilia Driver" sticker on your flight bag don't you? What a buffoon.

Whoa little tool - you are seriously mistaken.

And you aren't?

One, I don't think I'm better than anyone. I enjoy flying with both military and civilian guys in my airline job. Both have unique qualities they bring to the table. I have learned some great tips from some outstanding captains I've flown with that are straight civilian.
Good. I am glad you recognize that.

Two, you seriously don't have a clue about how the military process of getting your aircraft works do you? You don't get "assigned" fighters out of pilot training, you bust your a$$ and study hard to EARN your aircraft (whether it be fighters, heavies, choppers, etc...). I dreamed of flying fighters and got them, I was not assigned it in the least.
Good for you. Just don't rub it in anyone's face. Some of us serve our country in other ways. We may not fly fighters, but we serve. Those of us who were rejected by the military for something stupid, such as being shade-blind, really don't like it when you say things like you did.

Three, you are correct...I don't think flying a Brasilia is hard. Please enlighten us on why it is so extremely hard to fly. Since you have the balls to make a fool of yourself and critique senior airline guys on how their landing is in the A380, please tell us what makes the Brasilia so complex to fly. We're all ears...
I do not believe it is a "hard" aircraft to fly. However, the idiosyncracies of the aircraft are impossible to master. It is a fast turboprop, and has killed many who have let it get the best of them. Some of that could be contributed to poor design, though.

I bet you've got a "Brasilia Driver" sticker on your flight bag don't you? What a buffoon.
Sure I do. Just like you've got "Big-Bad Fighter Pilot" written all over your forehead right now.

Good. I am glad you recognize that.

Good for you. Just don't rub it in anyone's face. Some of us serve our country in other ways. We may not fly fighters, but we serve. Those of us who were rejected by the military for something stupid, such as being shade-blind, really don't like it when you say things like you did.

I do not believe it is a "hard" aircraft to fly. However, the idiosyncracies of the aircraft are impossible to master. It is a fast turboprop, and has killed many who have let it get the best of them. Some of that could be contributed to poor design, though.

Sure I do. Just like you've got "Big-Bad Fighter Pilot" written all over your forehead right now.

Russian - bickering with you is like bickering with my little niece. I won't continue it and bore the rest of flight info, but I do need to defend myself slightly here.

What did I say that "hurt" you huh? What did you not like? The fact that you were acting like a tool when you were criticizing those guys and have no clue or footing to stand on when doing it? I think that was a pretty fair assessment. Not once did I criticize for not flying in the military. So if you were "hurt" by that, you must be dreaming that up.

If you were "hurt" by that - then I was "hurt" when you said I was "assigned" my fighter. Deal? Now we're even - we can both be cry babies together.

Big Bad Fighter Pilot on my forehead? Give me a break...re-read my prior post. I said up front I didn't think I was better than anyone else and that both mil and civ guys bring unique things to the table. Either you fail to recognize that or you need to get your eyes re-examined.

How can the brasilla get away from some one? I thought the principles were all the same? Just like the 172 or the A-380

Russian - bickering with you is like bickering with my little niece. I won't continue it and bore the rest of flight info, but I do need to defend myself slightly here.
Then why did you insist on picking this fight? I am just defending myself too.

What did I say that "hurt" you huh? What did you not like? The fact that you were acting like a tool when you were criticizing those guys and have no clue or footing to stand on when doing it? I think that was a pretty fair assessment. Not once did I criticize for not flying in the military. So if you were "hurt" by that, you must be dreaming that up.
I never stated that you "hurt" me. I said:

Good for you. Just don't rub it in anyone's face.

This is in fact what you were doing when you said:
Scrapdog said:
And obviously you have never flown a fighter

Right? And, who says I don't have a leg to stand on when poking fun at their landing? We both fly airplanes don't we? And, we have all determined that the principles are the same. Yes? If you do not think I have a right to judge, what makes you think that you do?

Now, you have to remember that fighters are limited to the military. Unless of course, you are wealthy. So, you should assume that not everyone has that oppurtunity.

If you were "hurt" by that - then I was "hurt" when you said I was "assigned" my fighter. Deal? Now we're even - we can both be cry babies together.
Can we cry if we want to? :bawling:
Big Bad Fighter Pilot on my forehead? Give me a break...re-read my prior post. I said up front I didn't think I was better than anyone else and that both mil and civ guys bring unique things to the table. Either you fail to recognize that or you need to get your eyes re-examined.
So then don't say that I am puffing my chest out concerning the flight characteristics of the Brasilia by having a sticker on my flight case.

There. We are even.

Last edited:
Then why did you insist on picking this fight? I am just defending myself too.

I never stated that you "hurt" me. I said:

Good for you. Just don't rub it in anyone's face.

This is in fact what you were doing when you said:

Right? And, who says I don't have a leg to stand on when poking fun at their landing? We both fly airplanes don't we? And, we have all determined that the principles are the same. Yes? If you do not think I have a right to judge, what makes you think that you do?

Now, you have to remember that fighters are limited to the military. Unless of course, you are wealthy. So, you should assume that not everyone has that oppurtunity.

Can we cry if we want to? :bawling:
So then don't say that I am puffing my chest out concerning the flight characteristics of the Brasilia by having a sticker on my flight case. There, we are even.

Russian, I gotta give it to you...you love a debate. You were either on your high school debate team, or you're a chick. Or maybe both! Enjoy your brasilia...best of luck.

Yes. Well, unless the prop gets ya'.

You mean airplanes are different? A 172 has a prop on it, it should fly just like your brasilla, shouldn't it? Maybe it is because you have two props, does that make it different? Since, like you said the principals are all the same...I just can't see how flying the brasillia is any different. It should have the same handling characteristics of any other prop airplane. J-3 to DC-4 and up right?
I mean after all, they are all the same in principle...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back