Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Burt Reynolds

El Bandido
I have been offered class dates at both airlines so I thought that I'd throw this out there for some opinions. Eagle has a base where I want to live (friends, family, girlfriend, etc.), but then there's the upgrade or lack thereof. ASA would upgrade quicker (I think), but I'd have to live in Atlanta or commute, which by all accounts sucks.

I'm leaning toward Eagle, but then again...

FWIW, I have flown with several guys who left Eagle to come to ASA. I don't know of anyone who was left ASA to go to Eagle. That having been said, we (ASA) are in contract negotiations, to which there is no end in sight, and we are married to a very unhealthy parent company. Then there are the almost constant rumors of being sold off. I don't know much about Eagle, but if it was me I would probably go with whoever had the first class date.

Burt Reynolds said:
I have been offered class dates at both airlines so I thought that I'd throw this out there for some opinions. Eagle has a base where I want to live (friends, family, girlfriend, etc.), but then there's the upgrade or lack thereof. ASA would upgrade quicker (I think), but I'd have to live in Atlanta or commute, which by all accounts sucks.

Why is it either or? Any other options? CHQ??? How old are you? By the time you are married, your current flame will be 5-6 girlfriends/FAs ago. WE are your family now!

Burt Reynolds said:

You are gonna have grey hair before you upgrade at either company. So unless you are willing to whore yourself out at CHQ, MESA, or GOGO Gadget Jets to get a quicker upgrade, I would just stick close to where your family and friends are. Commuting sucks. Just my 2cents

Eagle determines your choice of base in ground school by your age. If you're young (i.e < 25) there's a good chance you'll get San Juan, FYI.

~wheelsup

Lets see...

I'm older.
The class dates are the same day.
And I can't seem to get any interest from either CHQ or SKYW.

You really don't want to commute to reserve at ASA. Go with Eagle. At least you might get based in Chicago someday.

Latest resources

Back