• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Second Grand Aire Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's round up all the Jews, North Koreans, Blacks. Man you are friggin ignorant!

I agree..... -

All muslims. Any questions?

Your response reaks of sheer ignorance to perfection... If I ever wanted to make a senseless comment to draw attention due to "stupidity" I would ask for your help.:p

I don't think I will continue since your post speaks for itself and it wouldn't do justice to give it the time of the day.

3 5 0

ps>>> I think that if it was a "terrorist" attempt they wouldn't have waited for the second time around, huh.?? - absolutely no way.. You may want to change yo kool aid flavors. (

azpilot said:
If you want to live in a nation that is not a melting pot...
Ah, but we're not a melting pot! If we were, there would be no races...or at least no recognition of them. As long as there are neighborhoods where black people don't drive and neighborhoods where white people don't drive, let's not B.S. ourselves and the world about being a "melting pot."

If anything, we're a "salad bowl." Everything's in there, it's just not all blended together.

Typhoon1244 said:
Ah, but we're not a melting pot! If we were, there would be no races...or at least no recognition of them. As long as there are neighborhoods where black people don't drive and neighborhoods where white people don't drive, let's not B.S. ourselves and the world about being a "melting pot."

If anything, we're a "salad bowl." Everything's in there, it's just not all blended together.

Well I agree with you in some ways. However, the term "Melting Pot" is a well accepted one. In my neighborhood, which I consider reasonably upscale, I have neighbors that are black, korean, hispanic, indian, and white. So we do melt in a few places.

- AZPilot

Cnn reported

That the FAA is now saying the 2 crashes were just a sad coincidence . What a shame that such a thing could happen not once but twice . Chas

I know many pilots of middle eastern descent and most of them are very professional pilots. You have to give them credit. they made a landing where they were not supposed to land and walk away from it.
The problem might have been STL airport itself.When things go IFR (and it was 1/2mile - 100') the place becomes a nightmare with only one operating runway. They vector you down in 1000' increments and you are at 5000' about 15 miles on the upwind side of the airport,and the downwind portion can extend 30 or more miles to the other side. I have had a 30 mile final there once, doing all of about 170 kts. This was in a metro. Imagine how much fuel you burn in something like a lear 24, falcon 20. These guys had already made an approach and for one reason or another had to go missed. How long did they have to fly? They declared min fuel, maybe a little late, but what did atc with them afterwards? As long as we haven't seen a rapport, we can only speculate. If the river was the only suitable place to land, then they did a good job

In my neighborhood, which I consider reasonably upscale, I have neighbors that are black, korean, hispanic, indian, and white. So we do melt in a few places.

I agree.

The folks in your neighborhood probably have two distinct traits: a love of America, and a propensity for hard work and success.

Before 9-11, three pakistanis in a plane crash would have drawn little attention. Hopefully, this is just an unfortunate accident.

Hi!

First of all, being Pakistani doesn't make you a Muslim. I personally know of 3 people that live/lived in Pakistan. All of them were Christian. (I'm sure there are also some Hindus living in Pakistan, not to mention probably every other religion out there. Most of them are Muslims, but not all.

It is not possible to take off from DRT and fly to STL with legal fuel reserves, in a Falcon 20 (with the old engines, which is what they had) and carry very much freight at all. I think it's almost guaranteed that they didn't take off with a legal flight plan/fuel reserves.

Cliff
GRB

typhoon,
you mentioned that the roselawn atr crew was according to you, 'tooling around in icing without any icing on'. you need to get the facts straight. the icing system WAS on. the conditons were holding in severe icing and flaps 15. they were not 'tooling around without any anti/deiceing on.

ATR-DRIVR said:
Typhoon, you mentioned that the Roselawn ATR crew was according to you, 'tooling around in icing without any icing on'. You need to get the facts straight. The icing system WAS on. (capitals added)
You're absolutely right, and I apologize. The ol' memory's not what it used to be. I knew they did something stupid...just forgot exactly what it was. In my defense, I did say "sort of," not "just like."

The Capital Viscount crew was, however, flying around in known icing with no anti-ice.

Latest resources

Back