• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally posted by Trainerjet:
Read this article:

http://www.airsafetyonline.com/news...rticle_94.shtml

The head of the St. Louis FBI office called it "heroism, not terrorism."

People like you are a big part of what's wrong with society today

No, I disagree. Whining PC liberals who are blind to realities of the 21st century are the problem. Two Middle Eastern guys in the cockpit of an aircraft that goes down near historical landmarks already discussed as being possible terrorist targets the same day another aircraft from the same company goes down and your first instinct is to think "oh, just another cargo jet goes down." I don't care if it is just plain irony, on the surface it looks suspicious. And if you want to call somebody a hero for running their tanks dry, and turning their jet into a multi-million dollar bobber go ahead. I'd rather call the guys who made it into STL that night heros for actually managing their fuel properly. Pull your head out of your cornhole long enough to get a look around in the real world before you start calling people " a big part of what's wrong with society today." Your avatar, although I like Homer, is perfect for your mentality. Above it you should put "ignorance is bliss".:rolleyes:

Corbon said:

And if you want to call somebody a hero for running their tanks dry, and turning their jet into a multi-million dollar bobber go ahead.

I didn't call them a hero, the FBI guy did. He11, ALPA even gave their "Superior Airmanship Award" or whatever they call it, to that Air Transat crew that d!cked up their fuel leak problem to the point that they had to dead stick their aircraft into the Azores. I didn't see them giving any awards to the countless crews that do their job correctly in the first place to ensure that "heroic" measures aren't necessary.

As far as my assessmemt of society's problems, I stand by that. Your arguments do nothing to change my "ignorant" mind. However, I'm not so ignorant to continue debating with a fool.

So, g'day.

As far as my assessmemt of society's problems, I stand by that. Your arguments do nothing to change my "ignorant" mind. However, I'm not so ignorant to continue debating with a fool.

Can't quite handle logic yet, eh?

"......cause' I'm just a fool, a fool in love with yoooooooouuuu..."

I'm afraid I have to agree that, initially, any aircraft accident involving two middle eastern males in the cockpit deserves some discreet investigation.

I don't like it, but we've got to be realistic.

Salem Iqbal

We carried Saleem out of Houston, where he lives, to Toledo many times. I myself brought him out 2 weeks ago probably for this rotation he was on. Although he is from Pakistan, he has always been very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Our prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery and for the others who lost their lives in Toledo 2 days ago.

Although he is from Pakistan, he has always been very professional, knowledgeable and friendly.
That's probably what the neighbors of the 9-11 hijackers said also!
Tahir S. Cheema-Chief Executive Officer (Paki)
Mohammad Tariq Director of Maintenance (Paki)
Jim Qureshi General Manager (Paki)

All muslims. Any questions?

av8or98 said:
Although he is from Pakistan, he has always been very professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

I suppose the flight crew of American 587 were muslims?

Was the flight crew of the Value Jet crash into the Everglades of muslim persuasion?

Should we prohibit people of any religous faith from operating airplanes?

That's all I have time for now.

V-1 said:
Should we prohibit people of any religous faith from operating airplanes?
Now there's an idea...!

No, no, no, I'm just kidding. I know plenty of people who believe in nutty things like forty-day floods and talking snakes who are just fine in the cockpit...wouldn't want to discriminate against them! :D

Okay, all jokes aside: it'd be foolish not to look into an aircraft incident involving middle eastern Muslim pilots in this day and age. Based on dsee8driver's testimony, it sounds like these guys were probably on the up-and-up...but Mohammed Atta's CFI probably thought the same thing.

There's a difference between discrimination and pattern recognition.

av8or98 said:

Let's round up all the Jews, North Koreans, Blacks. Man you are friggin ignorant! Oh wait, I forgot about all the white folks since Timothy McVeigh and his buddies were white. If you want to live in a nation that is not a melting pot then I recommend you look elsewhere. It is our goverments responsibility to do proper screening. If you don't think they are doing a good enough job then vote people in who you think will. While I believe profiling will have to be a necessary evil, since the majority of terrorist attacks have been from young Muslim men, this does not mean they are all bad.

If our government hadn't relied on the airlines hiring folks who could work at McDonalds for security guards 9/11 may have never happened. If systems were better integrated between law enforcement agencies it may have never happened as well.

Don't forget that Pakistan is one of the few muslim countries that is actually helping us at the moment and didn't all of the terrorist come from Saudia Arabia?

Latest resources

Back