• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A Second Grand Aire Accident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing amount of racism and ignorance in some of the above posts..

Please feel free to share your observations.

As for me, I have seen people leave the ghetto behind because they had the drive, will, intestinal fortitude, call it what you will, to succeed. It starts as a youngster: being willing to study and get good grades. Nowdays, this is looked down upon an being "too white".

I worked alongside a Pakistani for several years. A new American citizen, he had much to say about the ruling families of Pakistan, who made their money in the opium trade. Muslims are the majority, and persecute everyone else according to what he told me. This is backed up by both news and ministry reports. In India, the persecution is even worse.

Friends.

The FBI are calling the crew members heroes, not terrorists. They purposely ditched the airplane away from a populated area. Each one of us would do the same thing. Just because they are of Middle Eastern decent don't slap a terrorist label on them. I met these guys in Evansville, IN a few months back. Both of them were good people as are the rest of the Grand Aire pilots. Yes, it is a coincidence that two crashed in one day, but let's not go as far as calling them terrorists. I wish them a speedy recovery and our thoughts and prayers go out to all the pilots' families.

V-1
The post is about Grand Aire and muslims.

azpilot, 350driver, gulfpilot

ignorant- 1. lacking in knowledge or training, 2. lacking knowledge about a particular subject or fact, 3. uninformed, unaware.

I have worked with muslims, Pakistanies and have lived in a muslim country for three years. I think that qualifies as being informed about reality. Since you brought up the subject of ignorance, what's your experience on the subject???????

av8or98 said:
V-1
The post is about Grand Aire and muslims.

azpilot, 350driver, gulfpilot

ignorant- 1. lacking in knowledge or training, 2. lacking knowledge about a particular subject or fact, 3. uninformed, unaware.

I have worked with muslims, Pakistanies and have lived in a muslim country for three years. I think that qualifies as being informed about reality. Since you brought up the subject of ignorance, what's your experience on the subject???????

I do not make generalities about a particular race, gender, or nationality like you do. Just because you have lived in a particular area does not mean you are an expert on all the people. You may be an expert in your experience with the people you dealt with. I have lived in Arizona for 15 years, does that make me an expert in the local Hispanic community? Nope. So again I don't make general statements about any one group.

What is your take on folks like Timothy McVeigh vs. what you imply these two pilots could have been doing? Should we lock up all the white christians? You must agree with the new TSA rule that they can take a pilots license away on a whim.

My point is that when you make generalities about any one group you are ignorant.

Anyway I am done discussing the subject. This was a post about an aviation accident. If you want to debate about race, religion, etc we can do that some other place.

aviator98 the Gulf in my user name is Gulf as in Gulf war, not as in Gulf of Mexico or any other gulf..11 years and counting, think that qualifies me to comment

Flying into STL sucks VFR or IFR.... ATC can make it so difficult. I use to go into Spirit of St. Louis when flying freight. Thats a better place to go...besides they have a resturant on the field. Gotta love food!!

You guys going to start picking on the french, next?

SWA/FO said:
You guys going to start picking on the French next?
The French may be, generally speaking, a bunch of uncooperative pricks, but they don't generally go around trying to blow up anybody who isn't a Muslim.

Just suppose two aircraft crash on the same day, both chartered jets, both near major U.S. landmarks, one with an all French crew and one with, say, an all Saudi Arabian crew. (Remember, most--if not all--of the September 11th hijackers were Saudi nationals.) Doesn't the Saudi crew deserve to at least have their background checks freshened up a bit by the FBI*? I'm not saying lock 'em up and work 'em over...just try to make sure they haven't spent time in an Al Quaeda training camp lately! Again, it's not racism, it's not even profiling. It's pattern recognition.

Here, think of it this way: a certain FBO has a loaner car, but every time they let an airline flight crew use it, it comes back trashed and out of gas. (Panama City, FL comes to mind...) Now here I come, an upstanding citizen who will treat their car with respect, but they won't give it to me. Why? Because they recognized a pattern: "every airline crew we loan the car to destroys it. So, let's stop loaning it to airline crews."

"Profiling" follows the same logic: Middle Eastern males aged 18 to 50 have carried out a statistically significant number of attacks aimed at Americans. Therefore, anyone in that demographic should be subject to more scrutiny than the rest of us. Right?

* I should note that, based on my past experiences, the FBI is totally incompetent...but they have proven they can identify terrorists after the fact.

Last edited:
Grand Aire isn't the first operator to lose 2 aircraft in one day. In January 1977 an air taxi company owned by Frank Sinatra lost 2 Lears in 20 minutes. The first one was out west ( I think LAS) where the Lear hit a mountain on climbout. Sinatra's mother was aboard. 20 minutes later another Lear crashed on the approach to RW 27 at Flint, Mi.--no pax on board but they lost the crew. I don't remember the name of the company but they had an office at Willow Run ( YIP ) at the time. Conspiracy theories were rampant for about a month or so but most of us finally concluded it was just an unfortunate coincidence.

Should we lock up all the white christians?

Naaahhhh ... let's feed em to the lions and sell tickets. :D

Minh
(Spreading compassion everywhere!)

Latest resources

Back