• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A-rod

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's cheaper, Arod with his GII or George Steinbrenner with the Citation III? Don't they both have ##NY tail numbers?

i think it is a fractional deal with a company called air charter professionals based out of boca.

N113AR and as Youens said, it really was not any big deal. The aircraft is back in Miami as of Sunday.

The interesting thing is that it is registered as a 1973 G1159B, yet they file as a G3. Now wasn't the first G3 deliverd in 1980? So how could his be a G3? Even with updates it is still a G2B. Guess he needs people to think he has a G3 over a G2. Just a difference of a couple million bucks.

I hear now the JEPP airport diagram is incorrect... It depicts the end of the runway where the plane taxied into the EMAS to be all concrete (dept end of 08). It depict EMAS incorrectly on the opposite end of the runway (approach 08).. Anybody have the jepp chart handy?

I'm unable to post a copy of the jepp diagram here, but it deffinitely does not show the emas at the approach end of rwy 8. It does not however, show the emas at the departure end of rwy 8, rather it just shows an area of grey, the same as used for taxiways and ramps.

It should be noted that the end of rwy 8 is clearly marked with yellow chevrons.

check out the video and pics here;

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4658934

Last time I checked yellow chevrons meant a "non operation area"; that is no take-off, landing or taxi, so that does beg the question what were they doing there?

Here is a link to an FAA diagram of BUR, which does show the emas;

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0610/00067AD.PDF

Interesting post script:

The latest edition of the Burbank 10-9 plate now shows the emas at the end of Rwy 8.

I'll bet there were a few heated corporate board meetings and finger pointing sessions with the company attorneys at Jepp recently. I think that emas has been installed at Bur for about 3 years now and only now after an aircraft runs into it does Jepp update the chart. Of course, I'm sure Jepp is saying that this update with the emas was "previously scheduled".

Makes me wonder if there will now be a law suit holding Jepp responsible.

Latest resources

Back