• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quick note to Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I can say right now Southwest is the friendliest airline around, in no way is it any comparison to what the legacy airlines used to be; It's not even in the ballpark. I have so many fond memories of when my parnets worked for the legacy airlines back in the day. Nothing I have seen in this industry toady is even close to what it used to be.

Last edited:
I also think that SWA does a "good" job of getting you from point A to point b, in a very cheap, and efficient way. But I have also seen the TV show "Airline" on the Discovery Channel (maybe another channel). They do seem to piss off there share of passengers. I have seen a family of 8 get denied boarding of there way to a cruise, for overbooking. A lady was going to be denied boarding for the last flight of the night and she wouldnt be able to get home to her kids, overbooked flight.

I realize that the show is going to show the worst of the worst, but the trash that they haul, its like watching "Cops" or "Americas Most Wanted". Where do they get their passengers? Well I guess with $49 tickets, most every single wide dweller has "The Freedom to Move about The Country".

(Did you see the guy that was wearing a kilt with no "shorts" underneath......classic SWA.)

Arts and Entertainment (A&E) is the network. Lots of emphasis on the entertainment, not so much on the arts.

FJ

While I can say right now Southwest is the friendliest airline around, in no way is it any comparison to what the legacy airlines used to be; It's not even in the ballpark. I have so many fond memories of when my parnets worked for the legacy airlines back in the day. Nothing I have seen in this industry toady is even close to what it used to be.

That may be true. I will say SWA has in general (there are exceptions everywhere) the nicest, friendliest employees from pilots, to FAs, to dispatchers, to reservation agents, rampers, gate agents, CPs... everyone. They love their company and they love the job and that makes ALL the difference.

Thanks for the kind words.

Now if they'd only listen to the ramp tower in Vegas, I'd love 'em too. Hehehe

Theres a ramp tower in Vegas??

Seriously, we listen, we just don't sit with our thumbs up our butt hoping for them to get around to letting us taxi 50 feet to our gate. Vegas, land of work projects. :)

Yeah Only hope we treat you as well as you treat us.

The times I used America West to bypass a DH out of PHX and LAS it was a great experience EVERY time. AW treated me awsome EVERY time, thanks again.

Yeah, I just wish they'd drop the PIC turbine back to 1,000 hrs...I've got 1100 and will probably be an FO for.....???

I have seen a family of 8 get denied boarding of there way to a cruise, for overbooking.

Classic moron moments. Our family went on a cruise this year, and for the second time in three years we bought tickets. We also planned ahead using our brains and flew down the day before. The best, and possibly only thing to come out of that show was that the people with common sense who watched that show would tell me "what kind of morons are these people". They were usually people that were seasoned flyers who loved Southwest. The ones without common sense would ask "why didn't they give them a free ticket when they showed up late and missed their flight?". They were the ones who would say the probably would not fly Southwest after seeing that. So I think the show worked in that respect, good luck with all the eight balls coming your way.

I have flown several different airlines. I don't care how successful SWA is, they are mostly HYPE with the gimics and BS!! I have flown SWA to several of their cities to see what the LUV is all about. LUV is mainly a catchy little slogan that the airline uses to lure people to the airline. SWA talks about how much their employees LUV their jobs, but observing the Customer service reps at the ticket counters to the gate agents, you'd be suprised to see many unhappy faces.

Latest resources

Back