• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A quick note to Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay a followup to keep it real. This winter I have finally met crotchety Southwest fa's, gate agents, and reservations people that definitely could go toe-to-toe with any Northwest employee.
On another note what's SWA policy for flying in snow? They've canceled like almost every flight this weekend going out of MCI while everybody else is departing in between Southwest's cancelations. Not flaming, just really curious?

:puke:

Okay first off, this is not flame, go back and read my my other posts over the years at flightinfo, This is not brown-nosing any Southwest pilots (I fly freight and I don't have an hour of TPIC), there is plenty of spelling errors, I just had to get this off my chest.

Southwest Airlines,

I love you. I wish Southwest Airlines flew into every city in the entire country. Every time I, or a friend or family member fly on anybody else I am reminded how much better Southwest Airlines is than everybody else. After myself and a friend flew on another airline yesterday it seems as if they were trying to do everything opposite of Southwest. Lost bags, crotchety ticket counter agents, lost my friends e-ticket (for an hour, how is that even possible) having us miss the flight, then the rebook was late, then more crotchety employees, and then the lost bags, waiting for 30 minutes to talk to customer service on the phone, etc, etc. Southwest has ALWAYS gotten me where I need to go on the same day. Everybody is friendly. From the pilots to the gate agents to the ticket counter. Flying Southwest I have never lost a bag, I am able to print a boarding pass at home, and when I call, I talk to a REAL person right away. Anyway I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the lack of headaches when I fly Southwest. I plan on writing a better written letter to the actual company, and instead of flying other airlines direct to where I need to go, I will just do what works the fastest and easiest, flying Southwest, then renting a car and driving the remaining 1-4 hours.

Thanks!

My personal best experience has always been with Frontier Airlines. They've got tv's! Better than reading an inflight magazine from den-mco! I watched a full nfl playoff game on that trip. It was super.

On another note what's SWA policy for flying in snow? They've canceled like almost every flight this weekend going out of MCI while everybody else is departing in between Southwest's cancelations. Not flaming, just really curious?

freezing rain dude, SAFETY first, then PROFIT. Fact!!

How do you expect your little airline to amount to anything with that attitude?

We don't. We are never going to amount to anything. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we are still around when this hellacious storm is over. Read something on the internet that said our lawyers are headed down to the federal court house today to file BK. Maybe BK can help us amount to something. In the meantime we will just keep being small and unprofitable.

We don't. We are never going to amount to anything. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we are still around when this hellacious storm is over. Read something on the internet that said our lawyers are headed down to the federal court house today to file BK. Maybe BK can help us amount to something. In the meantime we will just keep being small and unprofitable.

I'm glad you see the error of your ways in terms of keeping employees happy, focusing on your business plan, delivering the product your customers want, and prizing efficiency. Anyone worth their salt in this business could tell you THAT wasn't going to work. Oh well...good run while it lasted.

What is the ramp tower in Vegas? Oh you mean the ex ATC guys/gals that are over 60! Yeah, those guys are dangerous, how do they even get to work, a group home van?

Latest resources

Back