A quick note to Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hootie9750

Okay first off, this is not flame, go back and read my my other posts over the years at flightinfo, This is not brown-nosing any Southwest pilots (I fly freight and I don't have an hour of TPIC), there is plenty of spelling errors, I just had to get this off my chest.

Southwest Airlines,

I love you. I wish Southwest Airlines flew into every city in the entire country. Every time I, or a friend or family member fly on anybody else I am reminded how much better Southwest Airlines is than everybody else. After myself and a friend flew on another airline yesterday it seems as if they were trying to do everything opposite of Southwest. Lost bags, crotchety ticket counter agents, lost my friends e-ticket (for an hour, how is that even possible) having us miss the flight, then the rebook was late, then more crotchety employees, and then the lost bags, waiting for 30 minutes to talk to customer service on the phone, etc, etc. Southwest has ALWAYS gotten me where I need to go on the same day. Everybody is friendly. From the pilots to the gate agents to the ticket counter. Flying Southwest I have never lost a bag, I am able to print a boarding pass at home, and when I call, I talk to a REAL person right away. Anyway I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the lack of headaches when I fly Southwest. I plan on writing a better written letter to the actual company, and instead of flying other airlines direct to where I need to go, I will just do what works the fastest and easiest, flying Southwest, then renting a car and driving the remaining 1-4 hours.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hootie,

Thanks for the kind words....Southwest isn't perfect, we do lose bags, have to involuntarily bump folks & we have the occasional employee who may not give the type service we're known for....hopefully those continue to be rare events & your experiences continue to be the norm. We're all fortunate who work here to realize the market place is changing dramatically & Southwest needs to continue to do the things you described even more consistently or else folks like yourself will go other places. We're working on making the experience even better but your words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. Cheers,

i can share this...I am not quite to Southwest yet...waiting on a class date...but what little I do know is I have never witnessed a place where everyone from the chief pilot to the most junior ramper absolutely loves and respects their company. I have talked to everyone I could and have yet to find anyone that did not, at least, respect their company. In today's environment...that means everything. The People Dept. of Southwest should be modeled by all companies...it's all about attitude...and the job they have done is awesome. I am not even there yet and already believe that what they do works. Nothing in life is perfect...but everything in life is what you make of it.

Okay first off, this is not flame, go back and read my my other posts over the years at flightinfo, This is not brown-nosing any Southwest pilots (I fly freight and I don't have an hour of TPIC), there is plenty of spelling errors, I just had to get this off my chest.

Southwest Airlines,

I love you. I wish Southwest Airlines flew into every city in the entire country. Every time I, or a friend or family member fly on anybody else I am reminded how much better Southwest Airlines is than everybody else. After myself and a friend flew on another airline yesterday it seems as if they were trying to do everything opposite of Southwest. Lost bags, crotchety ticket counter agents, lost my friends e-ticket (for an hour, how is that even possible) having us miss the flight, then the rebook was late, then more crotchety employees, and then the lost bags, waiting for 30 minutes to talk to customer service on the phone, etc, etc. Southwest has ALWAYS gotten me where I need to go on the same day. Everybody is friendly. From the pilots to the gate agents to the ticket counter. Flying Southwest I have never lost a bag, I am able to print a boarding pass at home, and when I call, I talk to a REAL person right away. Anyway I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the lack of headaches when I fly Southwest. I plan on writing a better written letter to the actual company, and instead of flying other airlines direct to where I need to go, I will just do what works the fastest and easiest, flying Southwest, then renting a car and driving the remaining 1-4 hours.

Thanks!

Probably true, if you only count US flagged carriers. International is an entirely different ball game and expected level of service.

P.S. Avon makes a product that will fade those brown spots from your nose.

I want to second what Hootie said. I recently got hired to fly Chieftains out in southern California and when I had a weekend off of training I went to non rev from Burbank up to Oakland. This was my first time trying to jumpseat anywhere, and the two southwest crews I ran into were absolutely excellent. Both captains were excellent and helped me along with the whole process of trying to get on board when I told them it was my first time trying to non rev. From the gate agents to the captain and first officer to the flight attendents, I think I got treated better on those two flights than I have on most flights when I'm a paying passanger.

Thanks guys/gals!

I want to second what Hootie said. I recently got hired to fly Chieftains out in southern California and when I had a weekend off of training I went to non rev from Burbank up to Oakland. This was my first time trying to jumpseat anywhere, and the two southwest crews I ran into were absolutely excellent. Both captains were excellent and helped me along with the whole process of trying to get on board when I told them it was my first time trying to non rev. From the gate agents to the captain and first officer to the flight attendents, I think I got treated better on those two flights than I have on most flights when I'm a paying passanger.

Thanks guys/gals!

Yeah, but how would you know any different? Those guys could have been flaming A$$holes and you wouldn't have anything to compare it to.

Now, if you want a REAL jumpseating experience, jump on AA from LA to DFW. Warm-fuzzies abound! ;) :D TC

P.S.--Tell those AA agents I said hi! :bomb:

Latest resources

Back