• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A question for an AirTran Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The warrior spirit is easy...we have always seen ourselves at war with all other carriers and outside forces that try to suppress us.

Golden rule? Treat all other SW EMPLOYEES as you would like to be treated. You don't go against the family.
OK. So, actual, un-modified Golden Rule for fellow employees. Got it.

I'm gonna ask BJ about that next time I see him in a crew room. May be he can give me the list of people I should only be nice to.

The warrior spirit is easy...we have always seen ourselves at war with all other carriers and outside forces that try to suppress us.

Golden rule? Treat all other SW EMPLOYEES as you would like to be treated. You don't go against the family.

In other words, you can do anything to anyone else as long as it benefits you. Real nice slick. There was a time when being an airline pilot was known for having integrity and class. You guys seem to have undermined that to try and get yourselfs ahead.

PS. I'm changing my avatar to something less generic since my friend Sacha has added me into the list of Flightinfo legends like TyWebb, Lear and others.
Thanks for promotion, bud.
I thought you all were the same guy? Now I'm really confused??!!!

Let's be real here girls. AAI is and was a stepping stone regional carrier. Pilots were leaving in droves. To come here and or go anywhere else but there. Your wages, bennies, schedules, and QOL were sub-standard. You had voted to strike the airline by over 97%. Now all of a sudden it's UAL in the 1990's??

GMAFB. I'll treat you with respect when you act like you deserve it. I don't really give a flying &hit if you guys like me or not. You and your MEC have your hand on my wallet and a gun to my head. I will do anything and everything I can to protect my seniority and the spot that I EARNED by getting HIRED at Southwest. If you don't want to work here then don't. Keep poking your finger in Kelly's chest and flipping him the bird. I totally support your position. The best thing that happened to me in this whole deal is when your MEC voted it down. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. They will drink for free on any overnight I'm on with them.

In other words, you can do anything to anyone else as long as it benefits you. Real nice slick. There was a time when being an airline pilot was known for having integrity and class. You guys seem to have undermined that to try and get yourselfs ahead.

Dan,

Nice try buddy. I love how YOU are the one trying to fan the flames. Listen, I'm just calling complete BS on the Trannies getting on here and acting like their company was on equal par with Southwest. Look at Room's post above...Airtran was a stepping stone, unless you got close to upgrade and those people elected to stay. But what were they staying for? Lower QOL and pay (in regard to the majors), while the company was running out of steam financially.

You of all people trying to call people out as unprofessional is really the pot calling the kettle black.

I just want people on here to be 'somewhat' factually correct, but of course that doesn't work with most peoples agendas on here. So they just throw crap against the wall and hope something sticks. The facts are the facts, the rest is BS.

Cheers,

RF

Not sure why I am any less qualified to post an observation than anyone else?
You guys seem to think that anyone that doesn't agree with you are SWA haters or as you seem to be alluding to "unprofessional"
I've tried to avoid any name calling on here and just stuck to making an observation or stating an opinion.

Didn't say you were less qualified. I never labeled you as a hater, although there are definitely some on here that will go out of their way to bash SW. That's there own personal agenda and is usually not based on any facts...it's just they can't stand what our company does, so be it.

In other words, you can do anything to anyone else as long as it benefits you. Real nice slick.

That's the SWA "culture" in a nutshell. Ask any ATA, F9, Morris or Transtar pilot.

I will do anything and everything I can to protect my seniority and the spot that I EARNED by getting HIRED at Southwest.

Earned? That's a laugh. You mean bought. Bought that type rating to get an interview. Well done, Skippy. Don't forget you're just a third world jet gear jerker on the world's largest Regional airline.

You guys seem to think that anyone that doesn't agree with you are SWA haters or as you seem to be alluding to "unprofessional"

It's that precious SWA "culture" talking again. They need to check SWA history to see where they came from. Because they're still there.

Has nothing to do with the type Fubi. Less than 20% that ever interview get hired. Sometime less than 10%.

And you seem to think that's different/better than any other major airline out there?

Do you have a clue how many apps my airline has on file? Less than 10% of those will be hired in the next 3 YEARS.

So, again, what makes you better than anyone else? You boys really need to climb down off your high horse.

Latest resources

Back