A question for an AirTran Captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dicko,

We follow the Golden Rule. We treat others as they treat us.

Gup

Gup,

Have you been told "if" you are integrated, despite a promise ? Have you been treatened with a lower payrate for your aircraft as a retribution ? Have your 17 year Captains been threatened with probation ? Have you been told that if you don't like Arbitration they will ignore it ? Have you been told you might lose longevity and sick time if you don't sign ?

Have your families livelihoods been threatened unless they accept what you think is fair ?

Exactly what have AirTran pilots done to you Gup ? Apart from not allowing you to take their seniority, and stick to the agreement that you signed and then threaten to ignore.

No. You don't treat others as they treat you.

It's cool to be on top. It's really cool to be on top and not act like it. One out of two isn't bad I guess.

Agree!

I Never wanted to work at SWA, not because it didn't like you guys or the company, but because i wanted to get early-on at the airline that would become like SWA someday. And the fact that Gary wanted to buy AirTran tells me that we were doing just that.

I was advised to go to AirTran by a retired Delta captain who got hired at 21 at a startup (Delta) to build some flight time and then move on to Eastern. Due to events outside of his will, he retired at the top of Delta's list after having a career that most 40 year old Delta newhires can only dream of.

Everyone's life will change from here on. I'm ready to embrace the new future, just don't feel like I should be taking it in a shorts, while my SWA counterparts are gaining in return.

The Arbitrators will make both sides suffer. Let's hope we can come to an agreement on our own that will make both sides suffer a lot less.

That last paragraph may not be true. It will be interesting to watch. Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
Ok- how do you think the golden rule and warrior spirit co-exist?

The warrior spirit is easy...we have always seen ourselves at war with all other carriers and outside forces that try to suppress us.

Golden rule? Treat all other SW EMPLOYEES as you would like to be treated. You don't go against the family.

Latest resources

Back