• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A pilots best advocate is Michael Moore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Michael Moore is a blowhard who is in it to get publicity, and money, for himself.

Besides for the money part, you sure you're not posting about yourself?

What do people find so difficult about separating Moore's point from his antics? If that fooktard Glen Beck or that pill-popper Rush Limbaugh, or that skinny shrill wind-bag Ann Coulter engages in theatrics to make a point, you right-wing wackos are all hunched over in a corner pleasuring yourself to it.

What do people find so difficult about separating Moore's point from his antics? If that fooktard Glen Beck or that pill-popper Rush Limbaugh, or that skinny shrill wind-bag Ann Coulter engages in theatrics to make a point, you right-wing wackos are all hunched over in a corner pleasuring yourself to it.
OK, that was funny... :D

(and no, I'm not a Democrat and I did *NOT* vote for Obama, just thought the above was well-phrased and kinda humorous, all things considered).

Hahaha, so quick to attack what you don't know. Like Galileo getting called a heretic for his astronomical discoveries by the pope. And yes, he is a d-bag who steers his audience and tells half-truths. But that is just him trying to be persuasive. His movies aren't meant to be a debate. All his movies are meant to expose GREED at the expense of others; more than bash guns, GM, private healthcare, or Capitalism.

I hate the man's guts, but amongst his BS is a point here and there. Of course he has to make money. He has to produce his own films too...

This is NOT a capitalist country. You all fear government involvement and it's already everywhere.

Read for yourself. How have we let this job fall to a level of a school bus driver?

M

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/must-read/mikes-blog-1-pilots-food-stamps

Ya' know, you're swimming upstream by posting this. I agree with you 100%. But, the vast majority of pilots are Republicans, and they hate Moore. I believe they can't separate Moore's antics from the reality that he documents. God forbid anyone criticize big business, capitalism-gone-corrupt, or endless wars fought to the point of bankruptcy, because those people will be labeled by the Republican pilot workforce as anti-American. To me, seeing the corruption in these things is, actually, very American and very patriotic. If Rush Limbaugh were to make a valid point, I'll give him credit. But, even he claims that he's only in the business of becoming as massively rich as possibile.

So, let's start focusing on the message, and not the antics. Pilots everywhere: get it in your heads that our industry is not right. Please remind yourself: while your seniority number is at risk, someone out there is getting super rich. The more you rationalize this, the worse it will get.

This is NOT a capitalist country. You all fear government involvement and it's already everywhere.

Very well said. Want to know something else? It's not a free country, either. Think about how the government can take your property and how the IRS can sieze your wages.

This is not a capitalist country. How can it be, when the insurance industry is protected by laws that actually allow them to collude? There's nothing fair about that. Corruption is not a tenent of capitalism. Fairness in the marketplace is. But, our system is set up to reward corruption.

This country is not set up for you and me. It's set up for the big corporations. Hell... when was the last time you heard of a "Mom-and-Pop insurance company startup?" If we had a capitalistic system, that would be possible. But, it's not. The big companies are protected by laws that enable them to kill any entrants to their territory.

Pizza pilots

Having spent years at one of the worst commuter airlines around, I understand how difficult the job is. What I still can't understand is how someone can complain after willingly taking such a job.

Before I went off to the commuters I knew the pay was crap. I knew the working conditions and hours were horrid. I also knew advancement to the best jobs in this unstable industry was no better than a crap-shoot. Who among the readers here would like to admit they knew none of this?

And then, to complain to someone as disingenuous as Michael Moore is simple insanity. This person who makes millions in the capitalist system only to turn around and slam capitalism? That makes no more sense than complaining about a job you willingly accepted. Moore is simply an opportunist trading on the dissatisfaction of others. Do you really want that type of person as an ally?

Good luck.

I think you missed the point. As a pilot preparing to leave (and a former pizza dude); it is about entrusting the public to such a low paid, perhaps somewhat bitter professional. Eventually, the pilots you want flying will leave the profession and it will be "pizza dudes" navigating the friendly skies. This is great news for pizza dudes, but not so for individual with higher monetary career aspirations (which has some correlation to talent).

Last edited:
Besides for the money part, you sure you're not posting about yourself?

Awesome, and so true. They are so blind to see that their favorite hate monger is in it for the money. Rush made over 400 million last year. But they will tell you he doesn't do it for the money.

And what is a Barack and Dem controlled NMB doing about it – nothing of course. AA has three labor groups in federally mediated negotiations with no end in sight.

Last I heard from our union leadership was that we are way back on the back burner. Barack’s main concerns now are Health Care and the mid-term elections. The last thing he wants is to be burden down with some white collar pilots looking to improve their pay and quality of living.

So much for change!

AA767AV8TOR

Smart$$, Have you ever listened to Rush? If you have, you would know that he is not shy about the fact that he makes "insane profits".

The opposite of capitalism is not fascism.

A lot of right-wing, anti-government types seem to be advocating a type of anarchy. Which is NOT what this country is founded on.

Latest resources

Back