A note from this FA to you.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More power to ya!
BTW what IS the best way to go on a date with an FA?
But seriously.....what is the best way....

RegionalFA said:
Okay, and, with autopilot and a co-pilot, the odds of you "accidently" killing a boatload of people are pretty slim, too.

Yeah, because fatigued pilots flying autopilot equipped airplanes have NEVER killed people before, have they?

Re: Re: Re: A note from this FA to you.

OldManPilot said:
I'll bet the male flight attendants remember it.... LOL Just Kidding!

Ben's originally comment was a classic...but Old Man stole your thunder.

You guys are good. :D

Why didn't you tell the pilot in question what you wrote to all of us who had nothing to do with this whole incident?

Don't sugar-coat it, tell him how you really feel, then I might have some respect for you. But please don't come on here bitching about it to us, we don't care.

Broke in CVG said:
but you do have to understand there is a pecking order on board... Capt, FO, FA. You may not like it, but you have to respect it.

We had an Inflight manager tell a new hire FO that the pecking orderwas CA,FA,FO. Man, wish i was there for that... too funny.

Don't sugar-coat it, tell him how you really feel, then I might have some respect for you. But please don't come on here bitching about it to us, we don't care.

Amen to that one. I thought the same and was a tad surprised when this whole thing was posted. I guess some mix emotions with the workplace though.

3 5 0

ps>> we can't kill a boatload of people since we have autopilot to0:D I guess that is why pilot training is almost the same as flight attendant training, no differences in the wash out rates either.:D (no sarcasm intended)

Broke in CVG said:
You weren't drafted... you applied for the job! Being a FA has all the disadvantages of our job, with very few of the advantages. I just don't understand why someone would want that job.... but you CHOOSE to be a FA, not a pilot.

You don't deserve to get dumped on, but you do have to understand there is a pecking order on board... Capt, FO, FA. You may not like it, but you have to respect it.

I had a FA tell me to get out of his galley, if I need something ask. Well I did, and very politely at that 15 min ago... so I got it myself. When he told me about the invisible line accross the galley that was his territory and that I wasn't allowed to go there. I told him that we were going to have a problem, because HIS galley was in MY airplane!

During initial training a few years back, a FA in training asked me how long our training was.... 4 weeks of ground and then 2 weeks in the sim. She said that their training was 4 weeks, so if she went an extra week she could be a pilot? Well, no I responded, I was a pilot before hand and also 4 + 1 is 5, not 6.

just to point out... I wasn't complaining about the job. I wasn't even really meaning to complain about the specific incident, though, It ended up turning into that.

I love my job.

For the hundredth time. I love my job.

I just posted this because this is largely a pilots forum. I was hoping to point out an aspect of our daily life that you, as a pilot, could help improve. (but, as I've since been informed, many of you just "don't care." We wonder why pilots have a bad reputation). I'd never tell a pilot to get out of "my" part of the cabin - that's silly. I thank you every time you help me cross a seatbelt and I do my best to ask you every leg if you wanted anything from the galley; If I get distracted remind me when i'm finished with that or by all means, get it yourself. Do I behave this way because I have to? No. (So, please don't ask me to pay for that attitude. There are pilots out there with attitudes that are awful, too. There's one that's been known to tell FA's "this is my 18million dollar aircraft and you'll do what I say" in their initial meeting. Yeah, okay, but does it have to said like that? Give me a break).

My final response: I didn't write this looking for kudos for my job. I didn't write it wanting sympathy for what I do. I wrote this in hopes that pilots would just THINK before the next time they said something that really wasn't what needed said. If you really think the FA is that unimportant to safety - fine, but don't say it to our face just to make us feel insignificant.

See how quick everyone was to jump when I said "chances of you killing anyone are also slim." Didn't like to be underestimated did they? Neither does anyone else.

There's one that's been known to tell FA's "this is my 18million dollar aircraft and you'll do what I say" in their initial meeting. Yeah, okay, but does it have to said like that? Give me a break).

....I wonder how his coffee or drink taste after he gets one from the F/A....;)

Latest resources

Back