A new SkyWest Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KFFA

A new rumor floating around the crew lounges is that SkyWest will be announcing a new code share by years end. The top two are: Frontier and North West Airlink. Frontier would be DEN and Airlink would be in the North West, Seattle?

I also heard that from a couple of SkyWest friends. They also told me a deal is in the works with the Navy to do COD work with the Brasilias. Tailhooks are being installed in SLC right now.

The rumor has a pretty good source... not too long ago the CEO said at a conference that he expects to announce another code share by year's end.

As with anything, I'll believe it when the paint is on the airplane and my a$$ is strapped in the seat...

Frontier isn't likely, b/c Frontier won't allow a codeshare to do flying for another carrier out of the same airport.

That is the main reason why Mesa is being let go, b/c they will likely be doing UAX flights out of DEN.

I guess we'll find out by the end of the year, huh?

-Boo!

Last edited:
Glad you know more then us who work here since we fly Delta and United colors out of DEN, SLC, SFO,TUS, RNO, YVR, COS Just to name a few. None of us know what is on the table but there is some entertainment value to some of these rumors.

Do any of those routes overlap, you know flying for two seperate airlines over the same route.... kind of compeiting with yourself? Just curious. As for the Northwest deal I suppose anything is possible but I would imagine it would take a pretty big operation to offer the feed that NW already has in place with Horizon. AD

Last edited:
This is from another thread:

The NW MEC has veto rights on any new codeshare agreements and about a year ago they passed a MEC resolution to have Mesaba and Pinnacle be the exclusive providers of Airlink brand flying

If this is true, then SkyWest Airlink won't be happening. That Seattle rumor has been flying for over two years now. Maybe it will happen, maybe not. Unless NW MEC changes their mind, if it does happen, it will be Pinnacle or Mesaba.

I wouldn't count on on the NW MEC for much.....while it was good to see them kind of stand up for the Airlinkers, I see this as nothing more than something that can be negotiated away much like scope clauses. "If you guys relax this for us.......we'll do this for you" You can't tell me there isn't a unlimited amount of things on mainliners wishlist these days. AD

Latest resources

Back