A new SkyWest Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a JOKE.

I learned a long time ago that you only believe what you can see and touch. For example; I will not believe that we have a 11 year agreement with United until the contract is signed. Remember that a MOU is only good faith and we all know about United reputation for good faith.

About the "Senior Captain". Hasn't anyone realized that they are soooooo bored with their job that screwing with FO's, jumpseaters, FA.s, rampers etc. is their only enjoyement for the day? Just smile and tell them that you'll pass it on to your buddies. It will make their day.

Last edited:
Even if our CEO and Mr. Neeleman were together I wouldn't read too much in to that. They are both deservedly successful airline CEO's from the same state. Just like we socialize with other pilots, airline CEO's socialize with their peers.

I'd be delighted if we did some codesharing with Jet Blue. It would be a great match however I think Mr. Neeleman will stick with his stated intention of keeping the flying in-house. With that said I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Fly safe,
DB

from another post

I spoke yesterday to a senior ASA captain who said that ASA will soon be continuing its hiring.

DAM@ THOSE SENIOR CAPTAINS.....STARTING RUMORS AGAIN

now if he was a VERY senior capt instead of just a senior capt, then I would believe it. ;)

No.........junior captains aren't allowed to start rumours except on the sixth Thursday of every month from 0455Z to 0500Z. It's in Part 69 of the FAR's.......don't you read them?

No way....there are no Icons for me to follow.

The EMB-190 purchase was in the works for a long time. At various times, various regional airlines approached Jetblue about codeshare arrangements. The decision was reached to keep the flying in-house. This according to a guy who very closely resembles David Neeleman.

A POINT TO PONDER

One very big advantage that Jetblue currently enjoys over it's competitors is the fact that their pilots are on the low end of the payscales. If they do fly the emb's for themselves, which at this point seems to be the plan, they will have pilots moving up the payscale doing work which is considered by other airlines to be regional flying (I don't want to get into a big debate on who does and does not own the flying. Just trying to point something out from management prospective.) If this ends up being the case, they loose some of that advantage. In a good economy Delta can bring in a pilot and have them fly for comair or asa for 5+ years at the low end of the regional payscale, and then give them a job at the big show, and start them over at the bottom of the payscale. I am not predicting that the emb's will end up anywhere other than Jetblue, but I would not be at all suprised if they did find a home at a regional.

The benefits of having a highly motivated, hard working pilot force far outweight any benefits gained through pinching pennies and pissing pilots off. I can save my company more than the entire salary they pay me when I'm in a good mood. This seems to be the driving force behind employee relations at JBlue. I hope it continues.

Latest resources

Back