A new SkyWest Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avrodriver,

off the top of my head, we do slc-sfo, slc-den, and i think slc-lax for both united and delta. they are a pain when one gate is 2.5 miles on the other side of sfo!

mookie:cool:

While it would be great to do more flying in Seattle I doubt that will happen. Horizon dominates the area.UAL, NWA and I don't know who else farm out alot of their northwest flying to Horizon.

It would be nice though...and a senior base to!!

While jumpseating on Skywest last week I heard from a very senoir captain (higher date in early '80s) that Skywest was going to lease Emb's from Jetblue. Apparently Jetblue is going to sale the aircraft they get from Embrear to a leasing company to raise some additional capital. In return skywest will lease the aircraft and fly them for Jetblue at a rate lower than Jetblue could do it themselves.

This Captain swears he had Neeleman,(sp) and Jerry Atkin on a flight from SLC to BTM fo what he thinks (the Captain) was an informal business meeting two weeks after Jetblue annonced their order.

I know what your all thinking, It sounds crazy to me too, but the Skywest pilot WAS CONVINCED!!!!

Homer OUT~ :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah I know you are just forwarding what you heard... but, I don't think so. Supposedly JetBlue talked to Skywest about a codeshare, EMB's out of Long Beach... and I may be wrong... it's happened before... alot actually... but I'll save that for my pshrink... But I would think that a company as young as JetBlue would be able to operate those pretty cheaply considering the seniority of their pilots, not to mention that Skywest doesn't operate all that much east of the Mississippi...

I've heard a lot of senior captains, both at Skywest and elsewhere, spout their knowledge. Being a junior one myself, I tend to believe those stories less and less.

but what the hell do I know, I still believe in Santa Claus!

Last edited:
homerjdispatch said:
(While jumpseating on Skywest last week I heard from a very senoir captain ........(higher date in early '80s)....

He must have been HIGHER than you thought.:D

While jumpseating on Skywest last week I heard from a very senoir captain...

Isn't this how most rumors/stories begin.

There I was....

One time at band camp......

I heard from a senior capt.....

:D

Why is it always a "very senior captain" can't "very junior captains" start rumors...;)

NDPILOT said:
Why is it always a "very senior captain" can't "very junior captains" start rumors...;)

No.........junior captains aren't allowed to start rumours except on the sixth Thursday of every month from 0455Z to 0500Z. It's in Part 69 of the FAR's.......don't you read them?:eek:

AF:p

Latest resources

Back