Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A new low...Media obtains and releases Captain Sully's Grammer School records.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah irony, such a cruel yet glorious piece of reality. With intellect like yours, I'd be willing to bet you put a personal ban on 'french fries' six years ago. For the record, I did read the article. Yes FOX quoted other sites as sources, but after that yet again fell into the realm of unbashed SH!TTY journalism last seen covering WMD findings in The Sunni Triangle.

Ah yes, stroke your ego in the typical shameless and sophomoric manner we have come to expect from the so called "philosopher kings." The my intellect is superior and everyone else is stupid mentality you have only shows your lack of self esteem and confidence.

I'm surprised Kugel let you up for air. Get back on your knees and finish the job!

Obviously Danny boy didn't watch CNN tonight, when thier "aviation expert" came up with his own thoughts...saying that he believes they only lost one engine due to the geese and shut the other one down on accident. Now CNN is rolling with that.

The media is so desperate to talk about ANYTHING right now, and will do to what ever legnths to do so.
After the liberals, MSNBC and CNN diggin into Joe the Plumbers personal life. Nothing is off limits anymore.
MSNBC and CNN started it and set the bar.
It was his school grades. Not his personal life. Get bent, loser!

Actually I was just making the observation that it is a valid point about Fox. Right , wrong or indifferent, many people feel that way. I don't disagree that all the news stoops pretty low these days.
Your "Get bent loser" comment is very typical Talk Radio/Fox mentality.
For some reason those two venues more than anyone else seem to think if you can insult someone it makes you more right.

There is a reason Time Magazine called Rush Limbaugh "The Messiah for Morons". It seems to me he really got the ball rolling in this country that has made trading insults more important than having honest debates. I've watched Fox and they are different. They are much more like a tabloid than the other networks.

One thing I've noticed over the years is the blending and blurring of the lines between news and entertainment. It seems that the news programs will always try to find the entertainment value in any sensational story. One of the things that makes a story entertaining is a single "hero", and that is what I think we're seeing here-- the media starting the hero worship of one individual when multiple people deserve credit. I just feel badly for the rest of the crew and the rescuers when this guy is plastered all over the news, is named the "Person of the Week" by ABC news, heralded by President Bush and Obama, given a key to NYC, possibly having a statue built in his honor and a resolution by Congress. It makes me mad, because while the captain is a true hero for his actions in my mind, this worship of a single hero in this case cheapens the heroic actions of the others. It's like they are taking a very significant news event and twisting it into a "Movie of the Week" starring some B-list action star.

My other worry is that while the media love a hero, they also love watching a hero fall. I hope that everything comes out clear in the investigations that are forthcoming, because the media would love nothing more than to continue this story if that's not the case.

Actually I was just making the observation that it is a valid point about Fox. Right , wrong or indifferent, many people feel that way. I don't disagree that all the news stoops pretty low these days.
Your "Get bent loser" comment is very typical Talk Radio/Fox mentality.
For some reason those two venues more than anyone else seem to think if you can insult someone it makes you more right.

There is a reason Time Magazine called Rush Limbaugh "The Messiah for Morons". It seems to me he really got the ball rolling in this country that has made trading insults more important than having honest debates. I've watched Fox and they are different. They are much more like a tabloid than the other networks.
You make me laugh. Now I'm a Rush fan. And TIME magazine, hardly a credible source. Nothing more than another left wing outlet.

Oh, forgot to mention CNN claiming that Palin's son was actually her grandson. Some awesome journalism there!

I notice lots of negative attitudes on the Majors board. Maybe, I should stay away and never fly with you guy's.

Let's see how many negative comments that generates.

:bomb:

If I am ever in an accident and they get my records, they will blaim my lack of education and low grades on the accident.

"Stupid grades....if I'd only have studied more I could have saved the aircraft."

I'm afraid the general population here doesn't understand the concept of freedom of the press and the constitutional amendment guaranteeing such. Whether it be good or bad or irrelevant info, info is good and will get sifted and used for the greater good. The fact that it was an airplane story gets us all riled up but don't forget that every hour of every day the press, since the late 18th century has done this sort of thing every day. It upset Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson particularly. But at the end of the day the public got the information they needed. No detail will ever be completely correct nor does it need to be. The public doesn't need to know about CRM or the difference between a captain and a first officer in order to make sense of this event. It is irrelevant except to us.

To even suggest that the public needs to know what his school records were is asinine. Nothing in his personal life is at all relevant here, and the public has no need to know. His career records are germane, checkride performance and such, but that is all. If you are talking about a politician then I might agree. But we aren't, we are talking about a man that saved 155 lives through his skill as a pilot, and some very good luck.

If I am ever in an accident and they get my records, they will blaim my lack of education and low grades on the accident.

"Stupid grades....if I'd only have studied more I could have saved the aircraft."

.....actually it is probably that chile cheese dog he had at Nathans....:laugh:

The truth is, this is the way it goes. Al Haynes, United Flight 232. Dc 10. Sioux City, IA. July 19, 1989. What are the names of the flight crew besides Haynes?

The truth is, this is the way it goes. Al Haynes, United Flight 232. Dc 10. Sioux City, IA. July 19, 1989. What are the names of the flight crew besides Haynes?

Denny Finch....

Latest resources

Back