Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A new low...Media obtains and releases Captain Sully's Grammer School records.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even though having his school records revealed all over the news, it clearly states the follwing: "but his school district gets an "F" for making his academic records public."

I'm afraid the general population here doesn't understand the concept of freedom of the press and the constitutional amendment guaranteeing such. Whether it be good or bad or irrelevant info, info is good and will get sifted and used for the greater good. The fact that it was an airplane story gets us all riled up but don't forget that every hour of every day the press, since the late 18th century has done this sort of thing every day. It upset Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson particularly. But at the end of the day the public got the information they needed. No detail will ever be completely correct nor does it need to be. The public doesn't need to know about CRM or the difference between a captain and a first officer in order to make sense of this event. It is irrelevant except to us.

I'd say the media is doing the job the founding fathers intended them to do for the greater public good - not the greater good of the airline or piloting profession nor should they be interested in the well being of our industry. That's why we have the infrastructure we have as does every other group of more than two people in this country.

TC, not only are you my hero, I want to have the same answers as you if the splashy school of feeding Koi are at my feet and the cameras are rolling.

I have lost no pride pissing myself on film, as long as the question is "Any journalists here get straight-As? Cuz this f**k asking if I survived is on hind teat. YOU! WITH THE IZOD SWEATER! GO!"

OMG, he missed 45 days of school in the 1st grade!!!!! USAFA must have some pretty low standards!

I guess there is an advantage to the FO not being recognized much be the media.....he can at least live his life in peace without having his personal records plastered all of the internet and TV!

I wonder how many reporters are camped out like paparazzi outside Sully's home?

There was an FO on the flight? Wow. Had no idea. ;)

Well he brought up a good point.
This type of thing fits the stereotype of what many perceive of Fox News.
They are the most sensationalistic of the news medias.
Obviously Danny boy didn't watch CNN tonight, when thier "aviation expert" came up with his own thoughts...saying that he believes they only lost one engine due to the geese and shut the other one down on accident. Now CNN is rolling with that.

The media is so desperate to talk about ANYTHING right now, and will do to what ever legnths to do so.
After the liberals, MSNBC and CNN diggin into Joe the Plumbers personal life. Nothing is off limits anymore.
MSNBC and CNN started it and set the bar.
It was his school grades. Not his personal life. Get bent, loser!

Read the article!!!!!

It appears several people didn't, but posted anti Fox propaganda anyway. These people including YOU have proven how ingnorant they are!!!!!

Ah irony, such a cruel yet glorious piece of reality. With intellect like yours, I'd be willing to bet you put a personal ban on 'french fries' six years ago. For the record, I did read the article. Yes FOX quoted other sites as sources, but after that yet again fell into the realm of unbashed SH!TTY journalism last seen covering WMD findings in The Sunni Triangle.

Latest resources

Back