Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A new low...Media obtains and releases Captain Sully's Grammer School records.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F.O. Bill Records S.O. Dudley Dvorak S.O. who came up from the back: Denny Fitch. Let's all remember, it's a crew that had the successful outcome.

That's one of the privileges (or, in FI english, "privaledges") of being a Captain. Take all the credit for the good things, and take all the credit for the bad things.

Goes both ways I guess.

Last edited:
That's one of the privileges (or, in FI english, "privaledges") of being a Captain. Take all the credit for the good things, and take all the credit for the bad things.

Goes both ways I guess.

This guy knows what he did. We know what he (likely) did.

Heroic or not, these guys did something that fit squarely within their job description.

Ah yes, stroke your ego in the typical shameless and sophomoric manner we have come to expect from the so called "philosopher kings." The my intellect is superior and everyone else is stupid mentality you have only shows your lack of self esteem and confidence.

I'm surprised Kugel let you up for air. Get back on your knees and finish the job!

Now that's funny. The only time I've been known to philosophize is after a bottle of Talisker 10 year. I'm sure you'll be on your knees tonight when Hannity's America comes on. Your gonads will get nicely worked up when he asks the immortal question 'what would Ronald Reagen do'?

F.O. Bill Records S.O. Dudley Dvorak S.O. who came up from the back: Denny Fitch. Let's all remember, it's a crew that had the successful outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPu0chBQeUk

There's a six part narrative by Denny Fitch linked above. In light of the US Air guys, I got to thinking of the UAL 232 guys right away. It's nice to feel some pride for the profession again.

Last edited:
To even suggest that the public needs to know what his school records were is asinine. Nothing in his personal life is at all relevant here, and the public has no need to know. His career records are germane, checkride performance and such, but that is all. If you are talking about a politician then I might agree. But we aren't, we are talking about a man that saved 155 lives through his skill as a pilot, and some very good luck.

Understand that this guy is being presented as a hero by the media. The public has taken an enormous interest in him and his life. It won't be long before we know his waist size, shoe size and favorite beer too.

You're right that nothing in his personal life should be relevant, but when it comes to fans (the media can be construed as a fantatic providing a broader glimpse into ones life), they will go to any length to learn about the most trival detail about the individual. The personal stuff is especially juicy. The adoration being displayed is almost romantic. People are already selling trucker hats that say "SULLY IS MY COPILOT" and other variations alluding to the fortuitous events of the flight.

Unfortnately, once you've been splashed all over the media, people are going to want to know everything about you inside and out.

Perhaps the media would not have released his grades had they been really bad, nahhhh... Im guessing they still would. The media stops at nothing to air their story and be the first to do so too.

Understand that this guy is being presented as a hero by the media. The public has taken an enormous interest in him and his life. It won't be long before we know his waist size, shoe size and favorite beer too.

You're right that nothing in his personal life should be relevant, but when it comes to fans (the media can be construed as a fantatic providing a broader glimpse into ones life), they will go to any length to learn about the most trival detail about the individual. The personal stuff is especially juicy. The adoration being displayed is almost romantic. People are already selling trucker hats that say "SULLY IS MY COPILOT" and other variations alluding to the fortuitous events of the flight.

Unfortnately, once you've been splashed all over the media, people are going to want to know everything about you inside and out.

Perhaps the media would not have released his grades had they been really bad, nahhhh... Im guessing they still would. The media stops at nothing to air their story and be the first to do so too.

So what? People want to know. I want to know Michelle Williams phone number too, but I don't think I'm going to find out what it is. If you are running for office then your private life is fair game. In this case, just as in Joe the Plumber's, it means nothing. The news media needs to realize that they are there to report the news, not to make it, or to make it up.

So what? People want to know. I want to know Michelle Williams phone number too, but I don't think I'm going to find out what it is. If you are running for office then your private life is fair game. In this case, just as in Joe the Plumber's, it means nothing. The news media needs to realize that they are there to report the news, not to make it, or to make it up.

The media gives the public what it thinks they want. Circularly, in a sense the media is responsible for training or cultivating the public on what topics are of interest and how they should be viewed or perceived. Reporters are selective scavengers at heart.

The real integrity lies with who decides to run the story. If no one else touches it, one outlet is going to try and exploit this information.

Latest resources

Back