• Start date
  • Watchers 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I certainly hopr this is not true. If it is, the guy should've had the balls to tell FLOPS to shove it up there ass. No way I would be anything like fuel on my own CC.

I've done it once at Netjets. I was up in Alaska and the FBO didn't take Multi-Service. I used my AMEX card. Cleared it with the ACP first. The charge was almost $9000, The money was in my account by the time I got back to the 'lower 48' ...

true

Spoken by someone that has zero understanding of working at FLOPS.
But I do have a lot of expereince being between jobs, and anything I can do to help my company stay in business is always my first concern. But I guess there are so many jobs now that screw the company is the battle cry of our times

Before the company credit card at NJA you would not get hired if you could not get a $5000 credit card line. I heard of one guy who cosigned a house loan for a friend that went sour, screwed up his credit, and kept him from getting hired. One Sunday afternoon in the Carolinas I had to overwing self service a bird using my personal card - the pump would not take Multiserv - it was just part of it back then. Course I was not worried about it with Netjets. They apologize to us when the NJA card does not work hehe.

But I do have a lot of expereince being between jobs, and anything I can do to help my company stay in business is always my first concern.

And you think loaning three months salary to a financially shaky company, at credit card interest rates, with nothing more than a verbal promise to repay, is a prudent move?

My job is to fly and take care of the plane, not finance its operation.

But I guess there are so many jobs now that screw the company is the battle cry of our times
When that company goes under, and you're repaying a $10,000 fuel bill yourself at 22.5% interest, you're going to feel mighty foolish.

The company's debts are isolated to the corporation; yours aren't. There's a big difference between going the extra mile, and risking your family's finances by taking out a $10,000 personal loan, because your employer can't cover a credit card payment.

Why couldn't the company use the phone to get a credit card to the FBO?

If there were no other option because of self serve requiring an actual card or something then I can almost see it. But if phoning in a number is an option and the company simply doesn't want to then I'd use my personal card to purchase an airline ticket / rental car out of there and quick.

The posts above about putting company expense on your personal credit are spot on. In fact, risking your families financial security by placing a questionable companies operating expense on your personal credit would raise questions about your sound judgement and decision making abilities. I think there may be a case to revoke your ATP.

On another note I know someone who is still trying to get $30,000 back from a 135 operator he let use his credit card balance. The operator is out of business now.

Be careful!

I am still trying to recover money owed to me from a former employer for doing this very thing. After months of not getting reimbursed, I left the company and then they went out of business shortly thereafter.

I blame myself for letting this happen, and trust me, it will not happen again.

But I do have a lot of expereince being between jobs, and anything I can do to help my company stay in business is always my first concern. But I guess there are so many jobs now that screw the company is the battle cry of our times

Yip are you willing to "loan" your employer money to keep them afoat? How about work and not get paid for month? I gotta feed my family.

This is the potential when you are told to use your personal CC to cover expenses.

A little different than showing up to work with a smile on your face and a can do attitude.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back