A message from Gary to SWA and AAI pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KP,

You are demonstrating the symptoms of a severe case of fecalphilia. Please get help.

KP,

You are demonstrating the symptoms of a severe case of fecalphilia. Please get help.

What the hell are you talking about, you sicko? I'm trying to build bridges by offering those that have animosity towards us with ice cream! Who doesn't like ice cream?

ooooooo The great and powerful Gary has spoken......with more threats and intimidation!!

Great CULTure!!

No Ace McCoy, you obviously missed the latest Gary message which didn't say that at all at the beginning, middle, or end, instead it said this...

No that was the second message then. I read that part too. You just need to keep reading past that paragraph. It's right there in the second to last paragraph.

Unless there is one message for us and one for y'all.

KP- you are pretty funny- but your signature is good to the overall theme at hand.
We've said all along that you guys aren't really getting the culture here.
I think it boils down to what you wrote. Do you want to make swa a friend or an enemy? There's a humility to the culture that fighting for every inch of what you had at citrus ignores.
Colleen gave every employee a copy of "Who moved my cheese?"- I think that's relevant now. Things will change for all of us and especially you, but it doesn't have to be the negative if you play it right.
Your union went a cynical route. Our company is about a positive and loving route. If you're not willing to come over and sacrifice in doing it- then that's not going to work.
If you end up with great seniority and huge raises - show me the sacrifice? The intangible benefits to this company are tremendous. What they ask in return is work, productivity, and when needed- sacrifice. As the new kids on the block, it takes very little perspective to get in right.

So--- "No better friend. No worse enemy." You choose the path.

Very Machiavellian. So a gift for you:
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. "
— Niccolò Machiavelli
Men are driven by two two principal impulses, either by love or by fear."
— Niccolò Machiavelli (Discourses)
"it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails."
— Niccolò Machiavelli (The Prince)
Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. "
"People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance."
Niccolò Machiavelli

Better yet do as every SWAPA pilot did: Luke 14:10

Last edited:
KP- you are pretty funny- but your signature is good to the overall theme at hand.
We've said all along that you guys aren't really getting the culture here.
I think it boils down to what you wrote. Do you want to make swa a friend or an enemy? There's a humility to the culture that fighting for every inch of what you had at citrus ignores.
Colleen gave every employee a copy of "Who moved my cheese?"- I think that's relevant now. Things will change for all of us and especially you, but it doesn't have to be the negative if you play it right.
Your union went a cynical route. Our company is about a positive and loving route. If you're not willing to come over and sacrifice in doing it- then that's not going to work.
If you end up with great seniority and huge raises - show me the sacrifice? The intangible benefits to this company are tremendous. What they ask in return is work, productivity, and when needed- sacrifice. As the new kids on the block, it takes very little perspective to get in right.

So--- "No better friend. No worse enemy." You choose the path.

Very Machiavellian. So a gift for you:
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. "
— Niccolò Machiavelli
Men are driven by two two principal impulses, either by love or by fear."
— Niccolò Machiavelli (Discourses)
"it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails."
Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. "
"People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance."
Niccolò Machiavelli

Bravo!

Wow!!! Just an observation from the sidelines, but it seems the AT guys are about to get what they deserve. I can't understand why someone would think they are entitled to anything if their company is being purchased by another. I have never flown 121, but I have often wondered what causes the "union mentality" and/or sense of entitilement among airline pilots. Maybe that would be a good topic for a new thread...

Another observation from the sideline, you're a little nuts for commenting then when you have no real idea on part 121 operations. Sorry, Nuts! Keep out of the 121 zone and let nod your head up and down, of course you'll fly in that weather to get the boss to his golf game. But be proud, you don't have to pay any extra union dues to protect your self from the having to going below minimums in the fog at the airport. Don't worry, the golf course is clear of the fog.

With that out of the way, siding mostly with the Southwest side for the Airtran guys that A. the pay rate increase is amazing and B. ALPA should get the ultimate input from members and taken a vote

However, I think there's a case sometimes that Southwest guys might think they're a little more amazing than a pat on their own backs deserves. SWA was not exactly the place to be up until every other airline got side swiped in early 2001. Their contract is something to be proud of, not taking any cuts, but was patterned off of legacy fought higher pay battles before their huge cuts. The Captain who got caught on the radio is certainly not the only bad attitude one. Age 60 to 65 was spearheaded by more than one of those types who wanted it all: a wive, kids, dogs, a house, more houses, more wives, etc. It doesn't take a 737 type rating to be carefully considered to theorize one of the main reasons SWA FOs are very concerned about upgrade time is not more dollars, but more freedom from some of the gays, grannies, and grande rant types. Making the SWA maybe the best family out there in the airline industry, but still somewhat dysfunctional before Airtran entered the picture.

Don't bite SWAPA guys. Mouths shut.

HahahhHhahahahaha! Airtran pilots, get your new numbers via arbitration, the pay will come later. What a joke from GK! Great culture you guys have! Now is the time to MAKE SURE YOU GO TO ARBITRATION AND GET YOUR BINDING AWARD. That will be the list, legally. Again, the pay will come later.

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back