• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A message from Gary to SWA and AAI pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HahahhHhahahahaha! Airtran pilots, get your new numbers via arbitration, the pay will come later. What a joke from GK! Great culture you have there. Make sure "it's on-----time!". Now is the time to MAKE SURE YOU GO TO ARBITRATION AND GET YOUR BINDING AWARD. That will be the list, legally. Again, the pay will come later.

OYS

you must not have all the info... we can go to arbitration, get a seniority list awarded, and then have gk say "sorry we dont like that list, we will keep em seperate and sell them off"

if i was at aai i'd be updating my resume

KP- you are pretty funny- but your signature is good to the overall theme at hand.
We've said all along that you guys aren't really getting the culture here.
I think it boils down to what you wrote. Do you want to make swa a friend or an enemy? There's a humility to the culture that fighting for every inch of what you had at citrus ignores.
Colleen gave every employee a copy of "Who moved my cheese?"- I think that's relevant now. Things will change for all of us and especially you, but it doesn't have to be the negative if you play it right.
Your union went a cynical route. Our company is about a positive and loving route. If you're not willing to come over and sacrifice in doing it- then that's not going to work.
If you end up with great seniority and huge raises - show me the sacrifice?
The intangible benefits to this company are tremendous. What they ask in return is work, productivity, and when needed- sacrifice. As the new kids on the block, it takes very little perspective to get in right.

So--- "No better friend. No worse enemy." You choose the path.

Very Machiavellian. So a gift for you:
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. "
— Niccolò Machiavelli
Men are driven by two two principal impulses, either by love or by fear."
— Niccolò Machiavelli (Discourses)
"it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails."
— Niccolò Machiavelli (The Prince)
Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. "
— Niccolò Machiavelli (The Prince)
"People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can
do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance."
Niccolò Machiavelli

Look man, I don't know what the hell you just said, something to do with Super Mario Brothers or Donkey Kong, I think? I just want to know what delicious flavor of my homemade ice cream you want.

Last edited:
I have to ask, is "On Your Six" a military call sign or an advertisement from your favorite SFO bath house?
Just asking...

She was never in the military. Look at her posts. I wouldn't let her taxi a tweet let alone fly an eagle. SFO was spot on but you have to use your imagination as to her employing "On Your Six".

you must not have all the info... we can go to arbitration, get a seniority list awarded, and then have gk say "sorry we dont like that list, we will keep em seperate and sell them off"

if i was at aai i'd be updating my resume

So wait, let's say all of the other AT employee groups agree to a deal with GK, and the pilots don't and go to arbitration. You're saying GK would dump everything, because of one group? Very unlikely. You have no clue about the other groups, and their acceptance of a better deal. He will probably keep it all, and most likely give in and tell you guys arbitration IS binding. Shareholders will demand it. But, I do think this B-scale attitude now is telling, and that culture of yours may be eroding.

OYS

Last edited:
She was never in the military. Look at her posts. I wouldn't let her taxi a tweet let alone fly an eagle. SFO was spot on but you have to use your imagination as to her employing "On Your Six".

Sasha,

Even with 20 years, thanks to arbitration, some AT pilots may be put in front of you now on the list. Eventually it will be active, and you will be livid. You may even have to spend Xmas Eve in ELP. Btw, which Major turned you down 20 years ago? Was SWA exclusive back then? Just askin.

OYS

Last edited:
Sasha,

Even with 20 years, thanks to arbitration, some AT pilots may be put in front of you now on the list. Eventually it will be active, and you will be livid. You may even have to spend Xmas Eve in ELP.

OYS

Don't worry my Delta friends! I just got my shipment of plastic miniature Delta uniform hat ice cream cups! I have plenty of homemade ice cream for you guys too!

Latest resources

Back