A message from Gary to SWA and AAI pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this the second one"

Ya'll saw Gary's second letter on the Swalife newsline right?

Wow.

Was it the one that ended like this?

Our jobs are secure at Southwest and at AirTran, and we’re going to work very hard to take care of all of our People.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. Gary is a stand up guy.

No Ace McCoy, you obviously missed the latest Gary message which didn't say that at all at the beginning, middle, or end, instead it said this...

Let me quickly add that I was disappointed that ALPA chose to reject the deal. I thought it was very well done and required some give and take on all parts, but it was certainly a very, very generous offer. The economy is in terrible shape and we have alarmingly high fuel costs, so this simply gives us an opportunity to take a step back and take a deep breath and revisit our integration plans going forward. There is a Process Agreement in place that starts with Mediation, and ultimately leads to Binding Arbitration if necessary, in the event that we merge all of AirTran’s operations into Southwest. But again, given the current circumstances, we’ll now begin evaluating all options in addition to, or in lieu of, arbitration. We’ve withdrawn our offer, in light of the current economic circumstances, which is probably the prudent thing to do anyway. You know, this means that the integration process will continue, but will definitely work at a much slower pace. The whole idea behind that Agreement was to get expedited integration.

So, I guess ya'll are starting to realize that your MC probably knew what they were talking about. Too bad nobody listened... I'm starting to hear that sound from Atlanta again, but it is getting drowned out by what sounds like :crying::crying::crying:.

"What this does is it will slow down the integration process and perhaps change the integration process.
"We were willing to put some money on the table to get an expedited seniority list, and since we have not been able to do that, well, it just gives us an opportunity to reconsider how we want to move forward."

OUCH!!!

Karma nice avtar... U eat there much?

So, I guess ya'll are starting to realize that your MC probably knew what they were talking about. Too bad nobody listened... I'm starting to hear that sound from Atlanta again, but it is getting drowned out by what sounds like :crying::crying::crying:.

OUCH!!!

I have plenty of my ice cream for you too!

Latest resources

Back