a MAJOR announcement @ SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reaching critical mass.

Anyone interested in taking odds that SKYW will go it on their own?

I too will believe it when I see it, but I also heard from someone whose brother (whose cousin whose sisters friend whose dogs master) works for GE Finance that SkyWest is CURRENTLY negotiating (spl?) for the 717 to do our own AT RISK flying. Things are happening...glad an thankful to be where I am.

PUKE

Gen Lee
I don't mean this to be mean spirited, but alot of those RJ's you a mentioned are to replace Delta, to supplement Delta on routes and to open new ones to smaller cities. In short they will continue to do what they have been doing for awhile now. I don't get a warm and fuzzy from it, but its whats happening. The number of connection carriers is growing, not shrinking. The day we(SkyWest) flew our first flight into DFW it was a given that the other connection carriers would be coming to SLC. Its memories of a hub shutdown that is powering the intergration. To view it as otherwise in this atmosphere is wishful thinking by others.

Shaking the rust off of the LGB 717

Hello all,

To the person who mentioned Long Beach receiving a sharp increase in 717 orders -- the line is moving, albeit slowly, thanks to Midwest Ex...pardon me...Midwest Airlines order for 25 717's - first due to arrive in March.

It was my understanding that Boeing sweetened the deal a little bit with MidEx because they were up against closing the entire production line down in the midst of TWA and anyone else who had orders deferring them soon after the 11th.

The AirTran order will definitely inject more life into the whole operation than ours...sigh. Ah, well. Just thought I'd mention that.

Take care,
-brew3

The Long Beach 717 production line is moving at a dismal "1" airplane per month, that is a snails pace, they are probably only working "1" or "2" shifts.

Boeing actually wanted to shut the plant down, Midwest kept the line open, with the threat of "No 717, we want Airbus"

So yes, if the Skywest rumor were too come true, they actually may pump out "2" airplanes a month....

And I thought it was the Alaska acquisition announcement...

fr8doggydog said:
And I thought it was the Alaska acquisition announcement...

That's right, the Alaska Board of Director's meeting is this week, what a coincidence. Look for Skywest to buy out Alaska and staple all the Horizon and Alaska pilots to the bottom of the list.

Sky West And Boeing's Web Site

If you look at the Boeing’s web site, under Commercial Aircraft, the orders for the B-717 is at zero. Look at the listings for airlines, Sky West is not found. What is the holding company that holds the leases on SkyWest airplanes?

Last edited:
Still waiting for the major announcement!

Latest resources

Back