• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Two-9-9-TwoSet

webmaster
"MAJOR"...no pun intended.....

from a very reliable source that there will be some really "interesting" and "major" annoucement to take place in the very near future concerning "bigger planes"

the "BIG" rumour is it will be an initial order for the 717.

2992Set...

really wish I didn't quit for a corporate position years ago.

I have heard everything from SkyWest will be losing all of its E-120 flying to starting 737 service. The truth probably lies somewhere in between!!

Unless something huge is going to happen with UAL I doubt it would be anything larger than a 70 seat RJ.

Wouldn't that spell the end of the DCI side of SkyWest flying? (See: Permited types)

Airline wrestling match

Rumors I have heard floating around the last few weeks:

- Codeshare with:
a) JetBlue
b) Continental (all their old EMB-120 routes)
c) some other unnamed Major

- 25 70 seat CRJs as soon as the pilots assoc hammers out a payscale for the 90 - 130 planes

- 717 or 737s and us going it alone (w/o UAL/DAL)

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the CRJ's until the other shoe drops with UAL, but we've been hearing about a "big announcement" thats supposed to come from Jerry for the past couple of weeks...

As Andy said, It's a great place to watch all the action from.

I'll continue to eat popcorn with my feet up on the hotel room table and watch the news.

Hate to be a pessimist but I look at it like a carrot in front of the horses mouth. Ill believe it when I see it.

Bum

I would expect Skywest to be safe on the Delta side for awhile, until Comair and ASA get enough RJ's to replace them. (Remember, Delta only has to give Skywest a 6 month advance in dicontinuing operations) But, I believe that Skywest offers a great product and that that senario may not happen for awhile. The United side is a little more troubling. I also think United thinks that the Skywest product is great, but maybe a little too expensive. Someone like Mesa or Chit-talk might come in and underbid them. That is why I believe Skywest is looking at bigger equipment. If United does fold, which is a distinct possibility, especially since fuel prices are sky high and United cannot hedge fuel, Skywest might need 717's etc to fill in some of United's old routes---like LAX-SFO shuttle etc. There are plenty of routes they could fill, and the faster the better for them. But, they will not compete directly with Delta, or they will lose their lucrative contract. I think Skywest is well run and will survive--as long as they don't step on too many toes and still is able to find those profitable routes if United tumbles.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Skyw(e)’s CEO has said that the company is over capitalized for its size and that the company will have to return some of the $600-700 million of cash and equivalents to stockholders as dividends, or they will use the money for to leverage larger jet purchases.

I think that the jets are cheaper by the dozen.

Maybe it’s a carrot for the employees to accept the cost cuts going on at Skyw(e) or because Skyw(e) UAL and DAL growth ends at the end of ’03 they are really looking at the future.

Without new growth Skyw(e) maybe in the $4.00 range by May ’03.

DALPA may sue DAL but who in this environment is going to listen to them?

Congress?

The President?

Not boasting, but really, what can DALPA do about it post NWA and Continental? DALPA can sue, but anyone can sue, doesn’t mean you are going to win. If DAL cancels Skyw(e) contract DAL gets Skyw(e)’s jets and their payments.

Interesting times, No? :cool:

Gen. Lee
While what you say is factually true, the end game I believe is not. D has a long memory of what happened to Cincy

Who gives a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** about anyone's toes? Not I. Everyone for himself, and if it involves bruising egos or exremities, who really gives a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.:eek:

Latest resources

Back