a MAJOR announcement @ SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee,
After seeing the trickle up, flow down results of Coex and American Eagle, none of the pilots I have talked to at ACA want a flow through with anybody. Also, a staple locks you in with a company. You may want to go to FedEx, UPS, Southwest, etc but until you upgrade and build the required PIC time, you go nowhere. Meanwhile, the furloughed mainline guys come in and take RJ captain slots while you are either trapped as a regional F.O. or are pushed to the streets.
It is a different situation if you are wholly owned (ASA, Comair) vice being a contractor (ACA, SkyWest) but the end result is the same - all of your eggs are in 1 basket if there is a staple (and no, I am not even remotely asking for a DOH intergration - just the right to remain as a separate entity without Super Seniority pushed down my throat.)

General,

While I do agree that there were people who had DOH aspirations, and I agree that DALPA was worried about their members seniority (rightfully so), I don't agree that "this could have been cleared up a long time ago."

The three MEC's can have any agreement they want, they can hold hands and sing "Kumbaya", they can agree to merge the lists, and it wouldn't make any difference. People like fins like to blame the current situation on DALPA's actions during the PID prceedings, while ignoring the reality that Delta wouldn't then, and they won't now agree to merge the lists. It would NEVER happen. Why would Leo agree to this? Would you if you were him? Cost is the name of the game in this day and age, why would any manager ever give up such a massive cost advantage gained by keeping the lists seperate? Even if we struck over it, Delta would simply spin off DCI.

I agree onelist is a good idea. But I am also a realist, and firmly believe that it is impossible. Despite repeated requests, no one has been able to convince me otherwise. I will ask again: Why would Delta ever agree to merge the lists. Assuming we had the leverage, why wouldn't they just spin off DCI if we forced the issue. Even if we were successful, onelist would be worthless without scope. Do you think that we could a: get Delta to merge the lists, and b: get them to agree to eliminate all outsourcing? Furthermore, don't you agree that the above would only be remotely possible with the full support of the Delta pilots, and only through massive concessions on our part. I can assure you that that support would only be possible with a staple, and probably not even then. However, it seems that neither ASA or CMR mec's would accept a staple, preferring instead to go to arbitration, where they might get lucky. That is well and good, but they shouldn't express surprize when the Delta pilots don't fall over themselves to support it.

This argument is old, and I won't respond to the same arguments. If anyone has any new or realistic answers to the above questions, I would love to hear them. If not, we'll just have to agree to disagree, and I will concede the last word.

FDJ,

I guess I also agree with you-----Delta probably would never agree to merging lists. The only hard core agreement we have right now is that ASA pilots will have some sort of preferential hiring agreement when we start hiring again after the furloughs return. This agreement---in whatever form, is better than nothing and will result in the hiring of ASA pilots. But before that, we will get you back into a 757 right seat.

Bye Bye--General Lee:)

There you go again General!

You know dam well that DOH was never, ever, never never never, ever mentioned in the PID. YOU know dam well that the PID is NOT where you state any conditions.

Show me ONE, just ONE fact to back up your claim that a DOH was EVER brought up by our MEC, and I will concede the argument. The fact is, you can't!A nd you know it. All you most likely have to offer is a bunch of urban myths about what some pilot said to another on a jump seat going from CVG to where ever. Come on now, give it a rest for Gods sake, plaeeeze.

FlyDeltasJets said:
People like fins like to blame the current situation on DALPA's actions during the PID prceedings, while ignoring the reality that Delta wouldn't then, and they won't now agree to merge the lists. It would NEVER happen. Why would Leo agree to this?
Because Delta would have no choice. ALPA could push a single carrier petition through the NMB on its merits. Once established as a common transportation system there is nothing Leo could do, it is illegal to operate alter ego airlines for the purpose of undermining collective bargaining efforts. This is the law.

The fact is that your MEC does not want one list and has threatened to leave ALPA is ALPA ever pushes the matter - as you your self have reflected in other posts.

And before you again repeat that the law does not matter - how would you know - your MEC has blocked any attempt by ALPA to try to enforce the provisions.

And what in the fourth ring of hades this has to do with Skywest getting B717's is beyond me, so I'll let Fly Delta Jets get the last, last, last, word.

Last edited:
Fins,

I'll remind you that the law says that any group or individual can file a single carrier petition with the NMB. If you think it is appropriate, why have you not filed one yourself? Stop relying on DALPA to fix all your problems. DALPA will take care of the Delta pilots, and your MEC should take care of your pilots. If the NMB really thinks that you are a single transportation system, then the DAL pilots support or lack there of is irrelevent.

PCL_128 said:
I'll remind you that the law says that any group or individual can file a single carrier petition with the NMB. If you think it is appropriate, why have you not filed one yourself?
The NMB is a political body. ALPA has enormous pull as seen by their defeat of the single carrier petition brought by the AFA for the US Air subsidiaries last year. ALPA also hires a number of NMB members on conclusion of thier tenure for their access and experience.

Without ALPA's support, a single carrier petition can not be successful. After all, the point of a single carrier petition is to protect labor and argueably, ALPA represents labor.

I am very glad I never accepted the job offer from ASA - You DCI and Delta guys are just too much.

This thread is supposed to be about Skywest, not a p*ssing contest between unhappy Delta & DCI employees.

Why don't you just pm each other and leave the rest of us out of this, please?!

Latest resources

Back